Used 2014 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 BMW X3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Great if you have money for repairs
By Dennis Franklin

2014 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Very expensive to repair. Check engine light remained on 2x. Once for faulty fuel sensor and 2nd for software problem. Back hatch would not open - no manual way to do so and cost to repair was $2,000 and took full week to correct. Run flats are a joke. Good for about 30,000 miles and cost almost $400 per tire. BMW Connected Drive can be frustrating as it does not always connect. Find the voice activation poor. Other than that the handling and performance lives up to its reputation.

Blue Water baby
By K Faughn

2014 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This x3 is an agile and fun ride. Zero to 70 mph in seconds, quiet even after rattling around farm to market roads with farm or remodeling supplies. The color is very nice and even when I might exceed the posted speeds, no tickets so I am (tongue in cheek) thinking it is stealthy too! It is very cool looking and I've had lots of positive comments from both men and women so not much of a "chick ride" in my opinion. Only drawback is the built in safety feature that I dislike... If the driver or front seat passenger doesn't hit the unlock button positioned dead center of the dashboard then your passengers must "double tap" the door handles to open, which roughly translates to them trying to jerk the darn things off of the doors even if you remind them repeatedly!!! I wish that feature could be disabled but my service advisor tells me it can't.

Love averything but the tires
By C Miles

2014 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had this X3 for 2 years and love everything about it except the "run flat" nitrogen filled tires. Twice a year ALL my tires show low tire warning with the temperature change. I live 25 miles form the dealership, so it is a little disconcerting. The dealership ALWAYS takes care of it timely as long as they are open. That is my only complaint on the entire car. I love the comfort and convenience of everything on the inside. The headlights are amazing as I live outside the city and drive on long roads that I need to see the sides of the roads for deer etc, and a long way in front for any hazards. The mileage is great for the size of the engine I chose, which I love. Great pickup and great handling.

Plenty of power and plenty of fun.
By okruss@sbcglobal.net

2014 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently bought a loaded, low-mileage, certified pre-owned 2014 X3 with the 4 cylinder turbo engine. I was concerned that the 4 cylinder engine would be short on performance. But, that is not the case at all. The car gets up and goes, especially when it's in Sport mode. You don't need the bigger 6 cylinder engine to have fun in this vehicle. I have taken my X3 up into the mountains along with 2 passengers and luggage. It went up the mountain without breaking a sweat. The turbo powered engine along with the 8-speed transmission works flawlessly and always keeps the X3 it's toes. Plus, the handling is amazing. I have owned some sporty coupes over the years, and this X3 feels just as sporty as any on them. I love it!

Very nice and quite expensive with options.
By Russ

2014 BMW X3 SUV xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently "test drove" a pre-owned 2014 X3. The dealer was very knowledgeable and we ended up driving about 15 miles during my drive. The car had 34K miles on it, yet it still looked new. The leather seats were in great shape. I have read some articles that mention a firm ride. I have been driving for 45 years and the X1 has one of the nicest (and sportiest) rides of the many vehicles I have driven. The ride was certainly not overly firm. In fact, it was downright fun. When the rear seats are folded, there is a surprising amount for room. If you want to have a little fun while driving your small SUV, this is the one to get. I just wish the new models weren't so expensive. Forty-five to fifty-five thousand is a lot of money for a small SUV, regardless of how nice it is. BTW: I did not reply to all of ratings because I did not have the opportunity to try all of them.