Used 2010 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used X3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Just Amazing

Joseph Gutman, 06/10/2010
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After trading in an Acura MDX, I went for the X3. It is peppy, handles like all the other 3 series, hugs the road, has great pick-up and at 6'5", I have plenty of room. In the snow it behaves like a military tank, and on the freeway it secures the road with confidence. I bought it as a second car, and I find myself driving it daily. It's cargo capacity is more than enough and it allows for organizing anything inside. I have had absolutely no problems. I thought initially it was pricey, and now, boy! I got my money's worth and then some.

A Car Built for Disasters

KAC San Antonio, 07/22/2010
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW salesman took me for a wild test ride in a San Antonio flash flood that cinched the deal. Then the car out jeeped the Jeeps in DC's Blizzard of '09, handling 12" of unplowed snow without problems. Then to top it off, I ended up driving through Nashville's flood of 2010 negotiating severely flooded roads and torrential rain with confidence. Having a sharp car that turns heads is nice. Having the same car survive two major natural disasters and keep motoring without a scratch is X3i. My salesman said a Volvo survives a crash great but that this little X3i avoids a crash the best. He was right.

bucket list

nelson cupello, 10/28/2015
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is great, little things are popping up that is annoying and have to take to dealership. The dealership does not give you an answer unless you bring it in the shop.

The car-lover's SUV

Jeff - Charlotte, 03/10/2010
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The X3 is awesome. I have had the pleasure of owning a 325 (06), and a 328xi coupe (07). I was afraid no SUV would bring that joy back but the X3 delivers.

Run, don't walk. Ultimate money pit!

yoyojelly, 12/02/2020
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had at least 6 cars and this was the worst car I've ever owned. Rattled nonstop, constantly needed fixups that were expensive. Definitely look into 2016 or newer which is what I'm doing. Don't ever get this unless you know for sure it's been taken care of. Ours had a great carfax and it still had nonstop issues.