Used 2010 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Exc lent certified pre-owned buy
By Ravi

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent quality, 4-year / 50000 mile warranty and free maintenance. BMW handling and performance with beautiful interior. Would buy again

Luxury headache
By BMW Maven

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very overrated in terms of mechanical reliability. Numerous problems along the way that we never experienced with less expensive cars. yes, there is good road handling: acceleration and road handling is high quality. But the car has been embarrassingly unreliable (the 2010 model) and the dealership even seems wearied by this year's inconsistencies. Furthermore, the interior design, as one grows accustomed to it, is simply dumb. Audi and Mercedes are far advanced compared to BMW's lack of imagination.

I Remain Pleased
By Alan Scheufler

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

@6 months
By Irvin, Lapell

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

2010 BMW purchased in 8/15 with 80k....love it, love it.....I traded in a 2006 azera bought new, but caught a little deer damage and never quite felt the same....went in to buy a Audi, left with the bimmer.....for a 5 year old car, it was a better driver than my Hyundai was new.....the ride is incredible the handling is fantastic....it original sticker was 57k and I got it for 17k.....I don't know if I lucked up and made a good find, but for 17k I'm very satisfied.....oh and the power is bone chilling for a sedan....

UNRELIABLE!!
By dmoore5

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2010 535i xdrive used at 55,000 currently have 113,000 miles on it. I would expect some things to break at this mileage but this is ridiculous. I had to replaced the water pump in March and the starter in September. Then I got a message saying fuel pump on the screen and car would shut down. BMW replaced the electonic fuel pump on the way home I got the exact same message and car shut down. BMW then replaced the mechanical fuel pump and AGAIN car shut off with same warning. BMW then replaced the EKPS Module, now I get an Engine Malfunction-Reduce Power message and I feel like I'm in a semitruck. Can't wait to see what BMW says on Monday.

Build it so it drives and I don't have to take out a second mortgage! Very disappointed with the quality of BMW.