Used 2016 BMW 4 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews

$26,000

Used 4 Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

428i gran coupe 2016

Mr. X, 06/04/2016
428i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought 428i gran coupe a month ago, drove it for nearly 1000 miles, this car is a beast on the roads especially when you activate the sport mode you feel the car is roaring and eager for your push on the gas pedal.....handling and steering feedback is perfect, I used to have Mazda 6, honda civic, Kia sportage, Hyundai....This car is from another realm, if you are a type of guys that like fun in driving, acceleration and sharp turns then this car is for you.... Add to that a great gas mileage for the power it generates. Around 27 mpg combined. My advice to you is that if you like to own the car until it dies then spend extra bucks on getting technology package (with head up display feature), premium package which adds a lot of conveniece, rear view camera, and if you live in cold area then add a winter package, believe me it worth every penny.... It is a luxury sport car with acceptable cost and looks much better than 3 series ... If you are into luxury and do not care about fun in driving or if your budget is limited then search for a lower class cars.... (some new kia cars looks more luxurious from inside than my BMW, but driving and controlling is none compared to BMW)...... BTW, if you have a family with big dudes (6'1 and above), then rear seating might become an issue.....

Ultimate driving machine - for real

Craig Moss, 06/04/2016
428i 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is our fifth BMW. Drove 3 series while we had kids at home. Then got a 1-series that was a blast to drive - handled like go-kart. Decided to go for the 428 instead of the 228. We got a 428i with a manual transmission. What a great car. Great handling and acceleration. Really nice transmission. A dream car on country roads. Took it up to Vermont on backroads and couldn't stop smiling. Quite and smooth on highways. Usually drive it in Sport mode - which makes a noticeable difference. The rear seat is big enough for adults, especially around town or for an hour or so. The 2016 model has so many great standard features. We don't care about GPS because we use our iPhones, so we didn't get that package. Just added heated seat/steering wheel. Makes it a great value if you don't load up on the options. Beautiful looking car with great lines. Many people comment on how great it looks. The Ultimate Driving Machine... and I don't work for BMW.

Fun Car

George Golomb, 01/23/2016
428i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The convertible is fun to drive in good weather with the top down. What pleasantly surprised me is how comfortable the car is in cold weather. With heated seats, the hardtop convertible feels warm and delightful on cold days. I continue to enjoy the car years after I bought it. It drives well. I enjoy the exterior and interior styling of the car. I am happy that it is mine. I have cold weather tires for it for the cold weather months. A lady came up to me a few days ago and said: “Cute car. Do you want to trade?” I smiled and said: “No. I like the car.” Update: Now that I have had the car for 9 months, my appreciation for the car has grown. Except for a small glitch on one day (which was corrected in one visit by the dealer), the car has been very pleasurable to own and drive. I am glad I bought it. I am proud to drive it and show it to my friends. My friends like it too. One of my friends said it was the most exciting car he had ever seen. The BMW dealership has given me nice loaner cars when I brought my car in for maintenance, e.g. a beautiful BMW convertible. Update: Now that I have had the car several years and have driven about 17,000 miles, it continues to be a joy to drive. It has been reliable, fun to own, and I am proud to own it. During the winter months, I am primarily driving a Mercedes Benz SUV. When the weather improves in the Spring, I plan to drive the BMW more than I do in the winter.

Lots of fun in a ride!

linda fiorelli, 05/10/2016
428i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a great car for anyone who rarely uses the back seat. The optional M sports package gives the car peppy acceleration and tight handling, making it everything BMW drivers live about the cars! But for 5 series owners, the car seemed a little too crowded in the arm rest and lacked the thigh support seats that make long rides comfortable. You have to add anther premium option package to get the comfy seats 5 series drivers expect.

Every 2Dr Sports Coupe should be this good

Lane Jones, 02/01/2017
435i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Definitely go for the x-Drive all wheel drive option, even in Southern states, as the almost .5 second 0-60 improvement over the rear-wheel drive model is more than worth it. Plus the all wheel drive provides you with the best winter driving traction and control that you can get.