Used 2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4 Series model:

4 series coupe a great car
By c p stein

2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe 435i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

nothing

Love my 428I
By robert topal

2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe 435i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Great car. Fun to drive. The cars feels like its part of you. Not the most comfortable car for a passenger though

Smooth coupe
By Richard Philips

2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe 428i 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Small but sporty

Great Car, LOUSY Company
By John S.

2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe 435i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The car itself is fantastic. Bought the six-cylinder version not because of the added power but because there is no comparison in smoothness. Incredibly smooth power with great brakes and handling. Nice styling and finishing, as one should expect. Beautiful, comfortable interior although the leather in the driver's seat developed a wrinkle across the back TWICE until BMW finally had an upholsterer add additional attachments (I'm 6-4 and 190, so it's not my weight). Stereo, navigation, and bluetooth work easily for me, although it would be better yet if you could get both the birdseye view and the rearview camera view on the same screen.

What ruins the situation is the LOUSY manner in which BMW treated me over a $100 repair. One (1) wheel developed black spots that leached through the paint and left streaks. The other three wheels were/are perfect because I am obsessive about cleanliness. The dealer tried to remove the spots with solvent and instead removed the silver paint and left the black spots. They referred me to the Regional Representative, who declared the spots to be "probably tar," not even "definitely tar" -- how can they say that when solvent takes off the paint and leaves the spots, and there's not a spot of tar on any of the other three wheels? And to make matters worse, I waited a month for that appointment and then sat there for two hours to discuss the problem, and he totally blew me off. Upon learning what he had written on the repair order, the dealer offered to goodwill half of the $100 repair bill. I refused because it's not the money, it's the principle of the thing. It's bad paint, cover it under the *(&^ warranty! I then elevated this to BMW NA, where things went from bad to worse. They ignored my complaint for weeks, didn't return phone calls, and didn't respond to followup e-mails. Finally a "Resolution Specialist" rudely told me that they didn't know what caused the problem, but it wasn't covered by the warranty. So I asked him -- do you mean all everyone from BMW that I've spoken to so far have been WASTING MY TIME when it wasn't even covered by the warranty? He said yes. He couldn't tell me where it said this in the warranty book (paint defects are not excluded, road damage is), so I wrote a letter to the President of BMW NA. A lady responded and looked into it, but the result was that they would "goodwill" the entire repair. This is better but I'm not satisfied because they still won't tell me why it's not covered under the warranty, and there has been no apology for the bad information, wasting my time (if it's really not covered), or the delays or misinformation. Oh, for my "goodwill" the repair -- I was told to speak to a specific person at the dealer -- who has thus far refused to return my phone call for four days. BMW, if you're listening, your car is great but I'll never buy another because of the way you treat your customer over a $100 repair. You lose my business forever to save yourself a $100 repair -- that's sure a funny way to do business.

I haven't had it too long, but no complaints!
By gcionek@mohawklandings.com

2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe 435i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned several BMW's in the past and the 4-series first attracted me due to its aesthetics. I figured that it wouldn't perform to my ultimate expectations, however ended up giving it a test drive, the AWD X-Drive handles GREAT. The interior is beautiful, fully loaded and has all the cool things (GPS, Bluetooth, Premium Leather, ETC) that would would expect in a BMW.