Used 2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Loving it so far
By Jake

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I looked around for a while. Found this one that was well maintained with excellent service history. The car is a blast to drive and pretty quick for stock! Ride is alot stiffer but it's also alot smoother than my previous car. Long road trips are alot easier cause the sport seats are that comfy!! Only downside is the charge pipe did break (a common issue) but it was mainly do to me having a little too much fun. Would highly recommend the n55 335i to anyone if they can afford it!

Long Term Ownership review - 4 + years
By Ed C

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it in August 2013. It currently has 107,000 on it in January 2018. The acceleration is really good! Cost of ownership is terrible, still owe $9,000 on the principal loan and it's starting to fall apart. Things that broke: 4 ignition coils (2 separate occasions), costing me about $25 / coil per time (DIY repair), 2 complete sets of tires. Currently the car has these problems: 2 bad rear wheel bearings, a failed DISA valve (engine rattle on acceleration) , serpentine belt tensioner pulley is slightly squeaking, rear upper control arm bushing is worn, and oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets are leaking. The DISA valve is a known issue and a problem solver repair kit exists on Ebay for $80 (a new DISA valve costs about $250, and it will break down like the original). I'll be replacing the valve and wheel bearings as soon as the cold weather breaks. I love the way the car looks and handles so I'll be keeping it after it's paid off.

90,000 mile update for cool M Sport Package 328i
By Zoolander090

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this vehicle for 2.5 years and have driven it 31,000 miles. So far so good. Feel free to look up my past reviews on the same vehicle. I bought it with 59k miles and my wife is the main driver. It has the M Sport package, the upgraded audio system, navi, etc. Most options minus the HID lights. Everything has held up pretty good. Nothing has broken and/or stopped working properly. Maintenance issues have only been: replaced spark plugs at 70k miles, and at the 90k mile service I got done last week they replaced the radiator, the oil filter housing gasket, re surfaced the front rotors, replaced the pads, transmission service, cabin filter, air filter and I can't remember what else for about $2000 labor included. So far I have gone through 2 sets of front tires to you get about 18k miles per set with conservative driving. Overall I'm satisfied with the quality and reliability of the vehicle. Not impressed with the leaky radiator, it was a small leak but decided to replace it in order to avoid future issues. I originally planned to keep this vehicle for 2 or 3 years depending on experience. I think I will keep this vehicle for longer as it has held up pretty good. Still looks awesome and I plan to rather buy an SUV for my wife and start driving this car as a daily driver.

Bought it for wife!
By Gary Moeller

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased pre-owned 1 year ago - wife really likes car and sometimes lets me drive it - a little nicer than my Element - great looking and has performed well on very long road trips to midwest - 75K when purchased - have been told by non-BMW owners that maintenance costs will be high - so far so good - will replace run flats when they wear out - I think it will ride better - could use some better cupholders too, but no big deal

Fun but better can be had at this price
By Mark

2011 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The front seats are comfortable. The rear lacks leg room and just OK for 2. Extremely uncomfortable for 3. Great engine. Reliability could be better. Interior materials are cheap and constantly need repair. Exterior rubber trim dry rots quickly, especially those around the windows. Other, better luxury cars are available in this price range.