Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Do not purchase a used BMW
By T Roberts

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Many things shoppers should know about a 3 series BMW before purchasing one. All my adult like I have wanted a BMW, so last year I purchased a used one 2007 238xi. I have had many problems with this vehicle since I purchased it, and it has costed me over $2,000.00. I have had two recalls on this BMW, and the dealer told me that they do not know how to repair the recalls. I was told that as soon as they find a solution they would let me know. I have waiting for about six months and they have not call me yet. Gas mileage on this vehicle is very poor. Things that I had to have repaired is : Oil pan gaskets,windshield washer neck filler replaced, broken gas meter replaced ,transfer case motor replaced, radiator sensor replaced,and the replacement of the gas tank. I have purchased over ten used vehicles in my life time, this BMW is the worst car that I have ever owned. I have told family and friends not to purchase a BMW, its one of the worst cars on the market. I plan to get rid of my BMW ASAP.

Great car with manual transmission.
By Marc Allen Connelly

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Past repair history and number of owners.

Going Downhill Fast
By Torina

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I first got in this BMW 328xi I was completely excited. It felt good and was tight. I finally was able to afford a car that was going to get me from point A to point B without continually having to work on it. It only had 112K and being a BMW its gotta have another 100K. Right? The first thing I noticed was that the breaks had a bad chatter, but at that mileage it was expected. So, I had them and the rotors replaced ($800). At 130K the AWD quit work and that also makes the cruise control not work. It ended up being a transfer module (of some sort) and was $1400 to fix. After that was fixed, the check engine light came back on. I took it back ($120 for scan) and they said that the catalytic converters needed replaced ($1800). I didn't replace them because they were just starting to go bad and they said they'd probably last another 10k. I soon started to smell an awful oil smell and it was from the gasket leaking in the oil filter housing ($400) Right after that, the cross (under) pipe for the coolant system got a crack in it ($228) and I had to have it towed back to the mechanic ($98). At 140K the car picked up an annoying surge and I knew that I had a misfire. So, when I took it in to have the airbag replaced (from recall) , I had them scan the motor and they said that cylinder 6 coil was bad ($200 for coil, $120 for scan). Now I have that oil smell back again and BMW says that I have a valve cover leak ($900). Needless to say, it's time for a new car. It was fun while it lasted but its going downhill fast.

Worst car I ever owned
By Tye

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I will never buy a BMW again! If you go past the warranty sell it ASAP.

Good third car fun
By Jeff Saylor

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is well optioned, but unlike many 335i models on the used car market, it lacks the sport suspension. I, for one, don't miss it. The std. suspension is more than adequate and comfortable as well. You'll also be much happier buying 17" rather than 18" tires. It's also a 6sp. automatic but the Edmunds site did not provide for that selection. I purchased this car in order to keep miles off my Z4M. It's a great substitute, plenty of ooomph and quickness plus a couple of extra seats if needed.