Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2007 BMW 335i Coupe nice try but misses
By Steven

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

In May of 2007 I bought this car new at a shade under $50000, with premium package, sport package, 6 speed manual and navigation. The car was reliable up until 70000 or 80000 miles. It has 138000 miles now in August 2018, and the last few years has seen myriads of problems creep up. The N54 twin turbo is a great performing engine yet very expensive to replace turbos. BMW extended the warranty on these for 8 yrs total and/or 82000 miles. Mine have now malfunctioned and the estimated cost is $5000-$7000. That is an absurd price for repair. I have the Dinan Stage 3 performance upgrades installed by my local dealer for about $8500 at perhaps 45000 miles. Perfect match of engine with chassis for this car. The Stage 3 included an oil cooler, larger intercooler, ECU Flash with higher performance mapping, and suspension tweaks. The exhaust is changed to a less restrictive raspy note burble that sounds awesome. I have liked this car very much but upkeep and high repair costs with low resale value are to BMW's detriment. The interior is spartan and the leather cheap for a $50000 sport coupe. The electronics for 2007 were lagging with only an AUX line in and not a single USB port. The switchgear and simple controls like for AC vents are very cheap and break easily. OEM replacements are the only option and are expensive. Overall 3/5, with 5/5 performance and thrill to drive.

My favorite car ever
By E92 Fan Forever

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine used and put 60K on it before it got crashed (from behind, the second time. it is an amazingly tough car). I love this car and I will be getting another. As they say, it is the best handling car in the world. There is nothing like it. I've replace a couple of sensors and gaskets, cleaned Vanos solenoids once, and that's it. Know that if you buy one with 100k on it you will be replacing the water pump at some time if it hasn't been already. As far as problem areas, that's it as far as I know. If you are a real speed freak, try the 335i. As for me, I love speed but this car handles so well it is more fun than I could ever ask for when in Sport mode. Lastly, for one of the commenters below, the wood on that dash is not fake...

10 years, 65000 miles, minimal problems
By Bill Bagwell

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The coupe is a great looking and driving car. I had the performance suspension, 19" wheels, special seats, and 6 speed manual trans. Car is 10 years old, and still looks like a modern beautiful car.

My only spoiled child treated me like a bad parent
By Marlene M

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I special ordered a 2007 BMW 328i coupe in 9/06. I did the BMW destination pickup in NC. Went through a 3.5 hour delivery and 4 hours of BMW driving school learning all features. ABS, traction control, etc. I know my car inside out. I ordered the 328i over the 335i because, I wanted to put the extra money into the inside. Believe me the 328i is fast enough unless you are going to race on a track. I put $11,900 of packages and options on this car because, I wanted to keep it forever. I love my car I even put Active Steering which makes it a baby 6 series. It is Space Grey with Red interior. I wanted heated seats and being from the south that was not an option unless you were in the northern region at the time. They got it for me. I wrote a check with taxes and fees for $49,451. I have changed the oil every 6K miles instead of 15K as suggested. I have 71,181 miles which is an average little over $8000 miles a year since I took delivery in 11/06. This car stayed in the shop with electrical issues for the first 2 years. I drove their loner cars more than I drove my car. I ran out of time on my warranty before miles so, I bought their expensive extended warranty and used it twice. I think I was about 1K up on that $3200 and ran out of time before miles again. Please do not let your battery go dead. No one told me that. Then modules go out and it cost me over $1500 for a battery and the modules that blew. Let me say this that I have a good aftermarket BMW repair shop that I found that is honest and is about two thirds or less of the BMW dealership cost after my warrant was gone. Once your battery goes dead you get a steering wheel lock. It will count down how many times you can start the engine then you are locked out of starting your car. BMW will not let the dealership reset this error but, you have to get the steering column replaced. Thank GOD again I found a good honest aftermarket repair shop. This car is a money pit. There is something every other month now. I could be paying payments on an S Class Mercedes for the repairs now. I went to trade it in on an Infiniti which, the same dealership has a BMW dealership and got an estimate of $5,500 trade. I told them I would burn it in front of the BMW dealership before I would take that for it. The Louis Vuitton purse I had on my arm cost more than that at the time. It makes me sick that I have treated this car like a only child and been treated like a bad parent. The only thing I can say so far, knock on wood, I have not had any problem with the engine and it will run like a scaled dog. Yes, I have had it around 140 on the interstate. In sport mode it will out run cars that it would surprise you. My poor child will have to go to some bone yard somewhere. I just refuse to pay payments on a car paid for in full. Everything that goes wrong should be a recall on MOST BMWs. What happen to them. I thought it was the Ultimate Driving Machine. I guess it is as long as it is running! Should I had bought that Mercedes CLK coupe instead? I also will never buy the first new module year car coming out. You have to let them get the bugs out the first year.

07 BMW 335I Coupe
By caiusaurelius

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought recently 335i with 71K on it and as for 6 year old car the condition of it is excellent. I am very satisfied with its
interior and exterior design, the car has great performance. As for the Coupe the car is extremely reliable and Comfort. I don't know why people complain about its comfort and build quality because
it is a performance car and
what do you expect when you buy a
used Beamer?
want to look
inside like in a Maybach?? ALSO EVERYTHING DEPENDS on a previous owners when you buy a used performance car especially BMW. My car had 2 OWNERS and has not even a single scratch and everything is CLEAN under the hood. So everything depends on what life the car lived.

TWIN-TURBO