2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2 Series model:

Great Car
By GKAME

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe 230i xDrive SULEV 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Nobody else wanted this car but once I sat in it I had to buy it. I also think it has much better look to it than the 430. Excellent for city driving and great for commuting in all weather conditions except ground clearance will be a problem for some. My thin 6' 4" inch son has no problem in the back seat but I have a much bigger nephew that barely fits in the front seat. The only problem I have with this car is I lost two 18" tires from huge potholes this spring and one of my electronic keys went out which the warranty is covering. This may be BMWs lowest priced model but for the money it is probably the best. I have no regrets so far.

Quick comfort, showy Valencia Orange
By Jim Dean Smith

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe 230i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I replaced my beloved Mazda MX5 with a 230i, and honestly it was a hard transition. My wife hated the Miata, so I was left with no choice but to trade it in. I got a 2017 BMW 230i, with a stick shift, and it has been ok. I have the moon roof, and the car handles great, is a lot quicker than the Mazda, and gets a lot more oohs and aahs. That said, the Mazda is much more about driving, this car is more about looking cool while you get there faster. If I had not had a real sports car, I think this review would have been more positive, the BMW does everything quite well, just without the driving thrill.

Great Car So Far
By Jeff

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe 230i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a 2017 230i coupe. I ordered it from my local dealership. It took about 2 1/2 months to arrive. I've had the car about 7 months. So far it's been a great car. I had one electrical issue when the car was only a few weeks old. It was fixed and no problems since. It's a fun car to drive and it handles really well. It's only a 4 cylinder but the twin turbos provide more than adequate acceleration. No other car that I've had drives quite as nicely as a BMW does.

I've had the car for about a year now. I still really enjoy driving it. I would definitely recommend the 230i coupe. A fun car to drive and I get about 30 mpg.