2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 2 Series model:

If you ever owned a 2002tii you will love this car
By 2002 guy

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe 230i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car provides great handling with barely noticeable body roll. The variety of driving mode options allows great fuel economy if wanted for your daily commute, (I'm currently running 25.1mpg on an 9 tank combined freeway/city average ), or if on the open road great handling, and fantastic acceleration. Steering provides just the right amount of feedback. Trunk space is good for a car this size. If you frequently have back seat passengers, forget it, but I don't so i really can't find anything I don't like about this car. Other things I like are the ability to load 30gb of music onto the cars hard drive, and as a long time manual transmission snob, I find the the 8 speed automatic sublime. I'm 6'3", 175lbs, so while getting in and out of the car is a little bit awkward, moving the seat back when exiting makes it easier, but hey, what sports car is easy to get into? I can achieve perfect seat and mirror positioning with the electric seats. Which by the way are remarkably comfortable. If you are the type of person who starts the car up and just uses the same driving mode you will love it; but if you are someone who spends the time to understand all the features and variety of driving modes you can use, it will be even better. This car is made for drivers and doubles as a super daily duty commuter/errand runner.

Great Car
By GKAME

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe 230i xDrive SULEV 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Nobody else wanted this car but once I sat in it I had to buy it. I also think it has much better look to it than the 430. Excellent for city driving and great for commuting in all weather conditions except ground clearance will be a problem for some. My thin 6' 4" inch son has no problem in the back seat but I have a much bigger nephew that barely fits in the front seat. The only problem I have with this car is I lost two 18" tires from huge potholes this spring and one of my electronic keys went out which the warranty is covering. This may be BMWs lowest priced model but for the money it is probably the best. I have no regrets so far.

Quick comfort, showy Valencia Orange
By Jim Dean Smith

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe 230i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I replaced my beloved Mazda MX5 with a 230i, and honestly it was a hard transition. My wife hated the Miata, so I was left with no choice but to trade it in. I got a 2017 BMW 230i, with a stick shift, and it has been ok. I have the moon roof, and the car handles great, is a lot quicker than the Mazda, and gets a lot more oohs and aahs. That said, the Mazda is much more about driving, this car is more about looking cool while you get there faster. If I had not had a real sports car, I think this review would have been more positive, the BMW does everything quite well, just without the driving thrill.

Great Car So Far
By Jeff

2017 BMW 2 Series Coupe 230i SULEV 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a 2017 230i coupe. I ordered it from my local dealership. It took about 2 1/2 months to arrive. I've had the car about 7 months. So far it's been a great car. I had one electrical issue when the car was only a few weeks old. It was fixed and no problems since. It's a fun car to drive and it handles really well. It's only a 4 cylinder but the twin turbos provide more than adequate acceleration. No other car that I've had drives quite as nicely as a BMW does.

I've had the car for about a year now. I still really enjoy driving it. I would definitely recommend the 230i coupe. A fun car to drive and I get about 30 mpg.