Used 2014 Audi S7 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi S7 Sedan Consumer Reviews

quattro 4.0L V8 Twin-turbo AWD 7-speed Automated Manual - (3 reviews )

YEEEESSSSSS-7!
By Mary V

2014 Audi S7 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

Absolutely love the fit & finish of this car! The silver leather quilted interior is excellent, and I get a lot of compliments on it. But the best thing is the acceleration and handling. It has all that, and more! Fabulously smooth turbos will put you back into your seat. The only downside is the cost of maintenance-$1900 for the 35k service? Really?!? For essentially a tune up and filter replacement? That, and the fact that after three years, and only 15,000 additional miles, the car I paid $65k for from the dealer's wife is only worth half of that. I truly expected it to hold its value better. But I do love the car.

40,000 mile review
By Stephen

2014 Audi S7 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is my 4 th Audi since 2007. The S7 is fantastic. It's cramped in the back. And it's not as comfortable or as quiet as my A8. It gets around 18 mpg. But beyond that, it's fantastic. It has all of the great techno-baubles Audi has been delivering for several years now. Fortunately, mine does not have the bioptic adaptive cruise feature. I spent a day driving a new A8 loaner with it and didn't like it. The S7 also does not have the Eco engine cutoff feature that the other A7 models have. I find that feature distracting.
The S7 is very quick and while not as capable on snow as my old 8 it seems sure footed on wet streets. It did occasionally hydroplane on deeper water because of its wide tires but I changed the tires to a more wet friendly tread and haven't noticed that problem.
The 7 has been a great car with only one problem so far. The air suspension was making a noise when the car was cold. But that was last year. We'll see if it picks up again this winter.
It's a very impressive, well optioned car at the price point. I keep trying to justify buying another M or an AMG and I'm always astounded at how much more expensive they are than Audis. I have since bought another Audi Q7. A testament to their overall value and dependability.

S7 Engine Malfunction Fault
By s7george

2014 Audi S7 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

Engine Malfunction Light came on after 60km. 4 months later and 8350km and 3 more times of the fault light coming on Audi can only say that it is a set of
circumstances in the fuel system that causes low pressure and the engine malfunction light to come on. Audi has changed the pressure switch and the fuel pump numerous times now but with NO success.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Very discouraged with reliability and Audi not being able to isolate problem and fix it.