2018 Audi S5 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Audi S5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

Oh my goodness...
By rowjimi

2018 Audi S5 Prestige quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is an outstanding sports car for the driver who doesn't know how to drive a sports car. Incredible road grip and acceleration, but for the driver who wants to power slide and break the rear end loose, I don't know if it's even possible. The car has road grip forever and no matter how hard I push it, it drives like an amusement park ride - like it's on a rail, which is perfect, for me. I am on my 7th lux 4x American pick up and this car is my thrill ride. Any more power and I'd be in trouble, yet MPG is like an economy car. 33-35 MPG on road trips are routine and MPG average with 8000 miles is 27. 60-90 passing in a heartbeat. Seat comfort for 8 hours at a time is fantastic (I am 6'4" tall with a 5 level lumbar fusion and a 2 level cervical fusion and 500 mile trips are painless. One huge gripe - top down 360 degree camera view cannot be kept in program for parking. Software fix is "pending". Don't advertise a feature if software makes it not usable unless it is switched on manually every time it is needed. $68k+ MSRP and 360 view doesn't work. Bad move Audi. Car is flawless otherwise.
Amendment 9/6/18: I take care my 84 year old step-mom (lives with me in my home in the Sierras) and she isn't cool with the fact that there isn't anything to hold onto -both getting in and out, or when am pushing it in the twistes. She loves the road hugging when I drive aggressively, but would like a handle on the armrest or inner roofline. Nothing there to hold onto. She loves the car, but my '18 F150 4x is much more old person friendly. Yah, 84 year olds are not the customer demographic, but if you aren't holding onto the steering wheel when driving this car hard, being a passenger needs more grabbability

Not so sporty
By Peter Minch

2018 Audi S5 Prestige quattro 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The S5 Sportback is a pretty large car. It has loads of power,torque and tech,but it feels kind of unathletic and not much road connectivity. The steering is uncommunicative. It’s hard to feel the perimeter of the car and thus it’s hard to park.

Fun car to drive if works
By AG

2018 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Had fun with my S5 cabrio for 15 days. Day 16 around 600miles transmission broke, barely made it home. Waiting for almost a week now to have it replaced. Regret about buying it, should have leased it instead.

Audi S5 Quattro
By JJ

2018 Audi S5 Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Drives nice, lot of technology, plenty of power for highway rampup. Cost is high comparatively but comes with the Audi brand.

In a word - WOW
By Amarone_Fan

2018 Audi S5 Prestige quattro 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Owned the S5 Sportback for 3 days and absolutely blown away with performance, sound (of both car and B &O Stereo system) appearance and ease of use of infotainment system. Far easier to comprehend than Lexus GS system that I’m still trying to figure out after 3 years.