2017 Audi Q7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Audi Q7 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Way below expectations
By Len

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

We have had this car for a year and a half. I shouldn't have to keep trying to convince myself this was worth the money. Before this we had Acura MDX's (2010, 2012 and 2014). Right off the bat there were things we didn't like: no spare tire, no storage for the jack, no storage space for emergency stuff (flares, jumper cables, etc). Within the first month of owning the car, an alert popped on the dash indicating it was a quart low on oil. This has happened 2 more times in 18 months. Yes, all I have to do is bring it in and the service department will top if off...but still it only has 16k miles on it. The embarrassing brake squealing started about 6 months ago. Every time we back out of the garage in the morning and every time we leave work, the brakes would squeal loudly. I've brought it back to the dealer; apparently it's a known issue but they don't have the parts in stock to fix it. I've called several times and it's the same story: the part is on back order. Probably going to go with a BMW or Mercedes next time around.

Huge mistake buying this car
By Linda Klein

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

First, this is our second Audi Q7. Our first one ran perfectly but this 2017 (purchased in 2016) is a lemon. I do a lot of driving but since the day we bought the car it never ran particularly well. The car hesitates when you step on the gas, when I asked the dealer to run a diagnostic they said the car is “fine” and didn’t sense a hesitation. It is super annoying when you have to merge on a highway or need to turn quickly. Our old Q7 was very responsive. Then there’s the Audi presense that would just go off for no reason. We were in the mall at a traffic light proceeding straight and cars to our left and right going in the opposite directions, the presense would not let us move but when a deer ran in front of the car it never went off. The brakes are horribly noisy, but we saw the reviews for that before purchasing. Then on my way home one day my engine light went on then the panel flashed the go to dealer now, I took the car in for service. The service department said they are 90% sure that it just needed a software adjustment and shutter motor replacement, $1,137. The service manager did tell me “but there is a possibility the problem could be the oil/air seperator breather valve.” 3 months later the car breaks down on the road, I had to call a tow truck. Service got intouch with me and sure enough the oil/air seperator valve needed to be replaced. All of this happened at 55,000 - 57,000 miles, out of warranty. Additionally, the main computer needed to be completely replaced, this, thank heaven, was still under warranty. This bill will cost us $2,200. I also need the 60,000 mile overhaul $900. Total cost over the past 3 months $4,200. We are dumping the car, I am terrified to see what else goes wrong with the vehicle. We will not purchase another Audi, my husband has owned two BMW’s and has had no problems. For the price I expected the Audi Q7 to be a superior product but it is a lemon. On the positive note our Audi service department is wonderful and not there fault the car is a lemon.

Audi Q7
By AB

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Great car! Went with a used to keep cost down and it drives like a new car. Fun to drive and roomy.

Brake problem: Seriously consider this.
By Emad Elquza

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have a 2017 Q7 and the brakes squeal. This sound has been present since we purchased it as a new vehicle. We have called Audi USA multiple times and they claim fault and have been absolutely useless to help us resolve this issue!! This is my second Audi (A8) and given the performance I was expecting, this has been very disappointing. With this type of service of a new vehicle, be careful making an Audi purchase!! I sense Audi is just waiting for the brakes to wear out and charge us for new brakes. Anyone having a similar problem?

A really great car with twitchy electronics
By Rob P

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Overall a great car with super utility. Electronics glitches (radio/nav unit failed, security system failed/alarmed repeatedly and unexpectedly) spoiled an otherwise good experience. Still own it but plan to sell/trade within 6 months. Would buy again if Audi could convince me that a new one would be more reliable. Excellent dealer response overall.