2017 Audi Q7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Audi Q7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Can be improved... but still great overall
By JL

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Recently made a switch from '13 BMW X5 50i to a '17 Q7 Prem Plus. Great car with lots of updates in tech and safety. Comfortable and quiet. While the engine has the punch in 'dynamic' mode, it lacks in 'auto' mode due to the tranny not shifting when needed. Going up a hill or trying to pass a vehicle requires a brick foot. Granted, I came from a turbo-charged V8 but expected more from the tranny which probably would make up the difference. The auto-start/stop isn't great when stopping - as if I am slamming on the brake b/c the engine shuts off before the car comes to a complete stop. The middle-rear seat cushion does not appear to be fixed in place as it shifts slightly - probably bringing it in to have it checked out. The tire jack tools have no where to be stored and sits in the trunk. One would think a small storage compartment can be built in somewhere for it. As some others have mentioned, when the phone is plugged in to USB for Carplay, you can no longer use the blue tooth function and have to go through the Carplay menu to make calls. I have not been able to hit the manufacturer's gas mileage of 19 city/25 highway/21 combined. So far locally I am getting 15 mpg or less and 20 mpg on highways. This is less than my V8 X5 which was consistent 17/21 mpg. For the pros, lighting for the vehicle is great inside and out. Drive is very smooth and quiet; curious to see if that changes when the run-flats are worn in. It would seem I've been more critical than happy so far... I am just starting to get comfortable with the changes and hopefully it will get better over time. Overall, I am happy with the vehicle. Let's hope it is reliable and will last and retain good re-sale value.

A big headache!
By Isabel R.

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I own a new 2017 Q7 for 7 months and it's currently 6500 miles. I love the esthetics and the drive but the electronics of this car are absolutely terrible! Don't buy this car! I have had a steering wheel malfunction in this car 4 time where all the controls in the steering wheel stop working, -and next day everything is working again! . I took it to Audi 3 times and they can't figure it out! Also the rear camera doesn't work every time it rains. My volume button stopped working temporarily 3 times! My oil change light went off when it wasn't due for an oil change. The light went off the next day by itself. There is a clicking noise everytime I start the car. Like a processor sound. I took the car to Audi and none of the issues where fixed yet. I am planning to apply to lemon laws.

hesitation
By Diann Roy

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The Q7 2015 has inconsistent hesitation upon acceleration which is a safety concern when pulling into traffic. Not a happy Audi buyer.

I am glad I made right choice.
By Sung Park

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I was looking a car for couple months. I compared SUVs from Volvo, Benz, BMW, Porsche and Lexus. Audi Q7 is the best one.

Two weeks review - Still in the honeymoon
By RP

2017 Audi Q7 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Car is super easy to drive. Super quiet too. Any size concerns related to parking go away with the visual package and the 360 view. As I am breaking in the engine I have not pushed any pedal to the limit but I can sense the power that this engine can provide and I am confident that I will be as impressed as I was with the demo car. Materials and ergonomics are top notch. I recommend to get the visual package because you get the LED lights, the extra cameras and the virtual cockpit which I have found very useful. I also got the Bose 3D sound system. If you are thinking on buying this car, you must listen to the standard sound system and compare. For me it was money well spent. On the negatives, I do not think that you will be able to get more mileage than what they advertised, I have been very reasonable as I am breaking in the engine and I am not getting more than 20mpg combined. The other thing is that sometimes I have to reestablish the Bluetooth connection in the phone to make it work. I have not found the pattern that causes that yet, hopefully the Audi guys tell me if I am doing something wrong next time I go there. Overall, a great experience so far. It is not cheap but you may not have a better option if you want to have a luxury 3-row SUV that performs and looks good for a family guy.