Used 2014 Audi Q7 Diesel Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi Q7 Diesel Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

I almost love this car!
By Jason W Theis

2014 Audi Q7 Diesel TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

As an owner, you know that every car purchase has some degree of weighing the vehicle's pros against its cons. As long as you go into this with your eyes wide open and willing to accept the cons, your satisfaction is likely to be high. And, so it is for the Q7. This TDI has fantastic fuel economy, gobs of power, handles well for the 5,500# beast it is, looks classy, rides like a dream, and is comfortable enough to drive all day every day without fatigue. So, what are the cons? Well, two major things: 1., space use for cargo is horrible; Audi really should have made the car six inches taller. As it is, cargo room is quite height-limited, and this is something I find quite annoying (quite often). The fact that it has a third row for seating simply means that there is less cargo space for a useless row that no normal (or even relatively small) human can use with any level of practicality. 2., Too many sensors. If anyone ever asked the question, "Is it possible for a car to have too many sensors?" Audi answered it for us: Yes, it is!!!!! Honestly, many of the sensors main purpose in life is to give false-positives because they are in damage-prone areas and are for things that even the worst car owner should be entirely capable of managing on their own. Example? Brake pad sensors.... seriously!

Audi Q7 tdi premium plus
By Quattro

This is a great car. Best for long range trip.

Audi Q7 Prestige
By J Ham

2014 Audi Q7 Diesel TDI Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Tire and maintenance are very expensive

front interior
By jm1938

2014 Audi Q7 Diesel TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I'm frustrated with the layout of the center console:
I have to take my eye off the road to use the radio/navigation MMI controls.
Also the same with the cup holders as they are too far back.
Voice control doesn't understand my commands or maybe I don't understand what to say.
Radio knob is out of the way and when out of my usual territory it is difficult to find a radio station.
The cruise control is visually difficult to see.
I don't like the wiper system as when I turn them on the rear wipers seem to go on too due to its location on the stick.
Vehicle has a lot of road noise.
I thought I'd get better fuel mileage with the diesel but am only getting 25 mpg on the highway.

Nice stable - handling vehicle.

Remove the two 12V receptacles on the console and put cup holders that space. Put radio controls on the dashboard under the radio screen. Put cruse control system on the steering wheel. This vehicle in my opinion is not a nice riding luxury vehicle and due to my frustrations I would not buy another one.