Used 2014 Audi A6 Diesel Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi A6 Diesel Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Great car
By S. M.

2014 Audi A6 Diesel TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Solid performer - not overwhelmingly "fast", but plenty quick, gobs of low end torque, 40MPG highway in an executive sedan. Tachometer reads 2,000 RPM at 90 MPH, so motor is not working hard at normal highway speeds.

Best car I’ve owned!
By Bassman

See above

Great driver's car
By Dan

We love to drive this car. It's a rocket, getting 40 to 42 MPG on the highway. Beautiful interor, quiet.

Beautiful body, tough on tires,
By Audi Reviewer

Owned my 2014 A6 TDI Premium+ for 18 months and have driven it 30,000 miles. Pros: THE best looking styling of all European/Japanese/American mid-size luxury sedans, hands down. Love the TDI diesel--44+mpg combined, quicker than a bullet, quiet engine (see the one major con on this engine below). Road handling is superb and this car is a blast to drive on a curvy highway. Cons--On the other hand...not the most comfy to drive on long trips and I have taken this car cross country. I get it's a sports sedan but after a while the lack of expected comfort starts to wear on you (esp. on a $60,000+ car). Tires--I have 30,000 miles on them, I don't drive hard, but the dealer told me I have about 10,000 miles left on them. What? 40,000 miles on a set of Dunlops? Biggest beef--as the tread wears down the noise these tires make is unbearably loud. Last issue-- Audi sends me a letter letting me know my TDI diesel engine was engineered to run on UP TO 5% biodiesel. Unfortunately I live in a state that mandates the sale of 20% biodiesel in the warmer months. Nice. Wish my dealer would have mentioned that to me when I bought the car. Audi goes on to state in the letter to me that in any event, they WILL honor any warranty issues arising out of the use of this biodiesel. As one who usually "buys them and drives them forever", I don't think I want to own this car after the warranty expires. I love this car but doubtful I will buy another diesel engine as long as I live in this state. I realize this is not Audi's problem but hopefully they are working on this biodiesel issue.

Incessant Brake Squealing
By northatlcars

2014 Audi A6 Diesel TDI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I have admired Audi's light and interior design for sometime. In May of 2014, I made the move from an MB to a '14 A6 TDI Prestige.

I absolutely love the look of the car especially with the LED's and black out package. The power is great and fuel economy is nothing short of impressive.

My biggest complaint is the horribly incessant brake squeal. At 9200 miles I have already had the car in 3 times for this repair. First it was brake dust and I need to slam on the ABS to clear it. Seriously on $65k "German Engineered" car? The next time it was we scored the pads and added no squeal. When I dropped it off this time I said I don't want it back until it's fixed.

Power, design, fuel economy

Squeakly sunroof. HORRIBLE brake pads!!! Audi needs to step up on this one. I was eyeing an A8/Panamera as my next car (2-3 years) but if this isn't addressed I think I moving away from all VW group products including Porsche. My wife who never hears anything wrong in a car is complaining how horrible this A6 sounds. It's embarrassing.