Used 1997 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Super fun to drive
By Carl G

1997 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car new over 20 years ago. Even though I have had various repairs done, I still cannot part with it. 163000 miles, Yea the paint is pealing, but it still drives better than my Subaru, Land cruiser, or mercedes Benz. Never had the engine apart, no transmission issues, no electrical issues. 3 output shaft seals, rear brake rotors, calipers, parking brake cables, these are the aggrivating repairs. Also 3 water pumps, timing belts. But the car sure drives nice. Probably should thing of getting rid of it , but just can't part ways. Nothing drives like a Quatro in rain or snow.

1997 A6 Quattro
By gmm2

1997 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car, I bought it used 6 years ago as the "kids car" but use it as mine now that they are out of the house (I drive back and forth to the commuter rail station), its great in snow and I have a very steep & difficult New England driveway and the Audi always gets up there, its really comfortable, this is the second A6 version I've owned (the first was the first kids car was the wagon version, but I had to get rid of it at 200K miles); this one only has 100K so I hope to keep it a long while, its really durable and looks almost new for a 18 year old car, I miss having a wagon though…it doesn't move all that fast, but neither do i.

AWD heavy leather upholstery quality materials no rust at all after 18 years

little bit more power, but slow on the highway for a 6

The Real Audi
By buyer4future

1997 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my A6 Quattro new and now it gained over 200K of mileage and still going strong. The weather changed its states unpredictably but my A6 didnt change a bit of its performance. I have now owned another Audi (S7 Sportback) and since the first, I have not looked at other German made brand. "Truth in Engineering", that's right.

Of course, Audi invented and famous 4WD is my favorite feature among others like solid built, reliabilities. One thing about Audi that I considered a positive (others consider negative) is the difficulty to find after market parts. That's make any after market parts that fits and work to be genuine. It's a challenge to pimp or mod an Audi, and it's also a fun thing to do.

Gotta Get One
By Ron Kirk

1997 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I was lucky to find this car(2.8L Quattro), I brought it with 215,000miles on it. Had to replace the engine($1500). Now it runs like a champ. I baby it, but if you see me at a red light, she can get up. Its an over all great car performance and comfort wise. Gas mileage can be better but it's still overall a great car to own. So if you don't have one "YOU NEED TO GET LIKE ME"

The sound system is great, the leather interior, with heated seats. I love the one touch windows buttons.

More horse power, better placement for the cup holders, a better arm rest for the driver.

Better than any SUV or CUV built!
By David Erv

1997 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

This sucker is the best car ever for Wisconsin winter driving. My bride would be lost without the Quattro technology driving to work at 5 am. This machine handles in snow like a snowmobile. No cotton-pickin lousey SUV can do it better unless perhaps it happens to be yet another Audi. I am dumping my GMC 4WD Suburban to get another Audi Quattro Avant!

Quattro all-wheel drive. Secure feeling when on the road. Items and features work as they should. Awesome.

More HP at the wheels. Better dome lamps. Could be a little larger.