Used 2011 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used A3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Just what I needed

ridingtoabeat, 05/24/2011

I just bought the car a few weeks ago. I got the Premium Plus with convenience, titanium, and open sky packages. The car rides amazingly smooth. Love the responsiveness. I was between the Audi A3 and BMW 328i wagon. The A3 is the right size, gets great gas mileage and its just a great car. I also got an amazing deal on the car (below invoice pricing). I left behind a 2010 Honda Accord which lacked performance and guzzled gas like nothing. I plan to have this car for years to come. I'm new to the Audi family so I still have some tricks to learn but for a 4-cyl twin-turbo I have to say I'm impressed. The car is very easy to use; there is no complicated guessing or confusing buttons. Very nice.

All owners MUST have an extended warranty!!

vection, 09/09/2014

I was so excited to buy this car. It looks great, gets above average gas mileage and I thought it was going to be dependable...I was absolutely incorrect and it has cost me a significant amount of money! The warranty expired at 50k, which is when the major system began to fail. First it was the motor in the seat...not a huge deal, but it was expensive. Next the A/C compressor failed, an issue that Audi is aware of and has issued a service advisory about, but without a warranty, one that I had to pay for. Finally the Turbo charger failed. At this rate it will have all new parts before it hits 60k. This car is crap and Audi should be ashamed that they built it.

Fun car not disapointed

jax2, 09/11/2014

Bought it used with 33K miles and have put another 12K since then. Love the ride, handling, very fun car on my painful 1 hour commute to work every day. Since it's more sporty suspension is a bit stiff so not the couch comfort but that's how German cars are. It does lack some options you would think should be in an Audi; auto dimming mirrors, memory seats, passenger power seats but doesn't bother me personally. Slight turbo lag in taking off but you can shift to manual mode and it picks up right away. Can't beat the mileage, 36 daily -41 highway.

Outstanding Performance

gyowell, 10/28/2011

So far, I am very satisfied with my new Audi A3 Diesel. The performance is really exceptional. It accelerates smoothly and corners very well. I am very happy with the build quality.

Great Blend of Fun and Fuel Economy

drivetime99, 09/10/2011
2.0 TDI Premium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I recently bought an A3 TDI and have enjoyed the first 2k miles. 35 mpg with fairly aggressive mixed city/hwy driving. I like not having to baby it to get good mileage. The car is very stable and composed at highway speeds and in the daily S. Florida rainstorms. If you test drive it, look for two things. 1) Diesel motor tick. It has such a quiet cabin that you may not hear it in a test drive. You'll hear it in your driveway though. Make sure it is not an issue for you. 2) Its truly an automated manual transmission it "catches" when coming to a slow stop, just like a manual does. Those not used to manuals may not like the feel. I love it though and am very happy with the purchase.