2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Review
Which Vanquish does Edmunds recommend?
The 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish is only available in one trim, so your first choice will be between the coupe and convertible. After that, the Vanquish's options are all about customizing the exterior and the interior's appearance and materials. The optional steering wheel from the limited-edition One-77 supercar might be tempting, but its squared-off shape isn't very comfortable to hold. We don't recommend it. Other than that, get what your heart desires.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- V12 engine's intoxicating engine and exhaust notes
- Surprisingly comfortable, with plenty of legroom for tall drivers
- Classic Aston Martin exterior design
- Lack of performance and refinement relative to rivals
- Small item and cargo storage are meager, even by sports car standards
- Touch-sensitive central controls are imprecise and frustrating to use
- More than a few ergonomic issues in the cabin
The 2017 Vanquish could get by on looks and sound alone, but it also drives well. Not an objectively small car, it feels compact on narrow canyon roads. Power delivery is excellent, and the brake pedal is stiff and easy to modulate. At 4.0 seconds, it is slower to sprint to 60 mph than rivals.
The suspension that helps the Vanquish perform exceptionally on curvy roads is firm in daily driving. Unsurprisingly, the Vanquish doesn't handle big bumps comfortably. We love the look and feel of the seat upholstery, but the padding feels thin.
The Vanquish is a confounding mix of immaculate hand-sewn leather and illogical functionality. The difficult-to-use parking brake is right next to the door, the shift buttons aren't intuitive and the key (a fob you push into the dash) is fussy. It's even hard to get used to the mirrored gauges.
With a small, shallow trunk, virtually no interior storage and subpar cupholders, the Vanquish falls behind even other sports cars in functionality. There are no lower LATCH anchors for a car seat, but it's easy to reach the upper tether on the rear shelf.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Vanquish models:
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Sounds an alert when the Vanquish is close to an object behind or in front of the car.
- Rear Parking Assist Camera
- Displays a view of the area immediately behind the Vanquish in the central display screen.
- Aston Martin Tracking by Cobra
- Tracks the Vanquish in the event of vehicle theft.