Used 2008 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used TL for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

highly satisfied customer

Dag, 02/12/2018
Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this is very good car if its well maintained, over all i am satisfied, it looks outstanding, even in 2018 it gets complements a lot, very reliable, acceleration is great, its fast car for US highways, but the thing other people might not like is the ride quality, it feels like a track car, it has stiff suspension so keep that in mind, and also the ground clearance is low, the car seats lower than the average sedan, so its good to know these things before buying, for me personally i like the car more for these reasons but other people might not,

Solid Car

mtlpa, 07/22/2009

Basically bought this car from the inside out. Compared to 330i, Audi A4 and felt the TL was a better value and much more spacious. After a year there have been no defects to speak of, so quite satisfied with build quality. Performance is quite good although torque steer is evident under hard acceleration. Ergonomics are excellent and runs fantastic on the highway. Manual mode transmission is a little disappointing as it does not force the transmission into quicker gear shifts.

Absolutely Incredible.

Dhruv, 06/22/2019
Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 TL Type-S is my first car and I can't even explain how much I love it. It is so beautiful and is often regarded as one of the best looking sedans ever made. The quad exhausts look very aggressive and the waffle rims are truly gorgeous. The car looks both sinister and beautiful at the same time, which is what I adore. The interior is very nice as well, but over time many owners have experienced cracked dash, ripped seats, etc. However, in my car, the only thing that broke is a small piece of the cupholder. Other than that, the interior is very roomy and overall a great place to spend time. The steering wheel looks great and sporty. The acceleration is very thrilling with the 286 hp V6, but I am not a fan of the wheel-spin. I wish it was AWD. The engine sounds amazing, as the Vtec induction howl is addicting to listen to. The ride is incredibly smooth and my passengers always say that they really enjoy the ride, and even non car-enthusiast passengers tell me that the car sounds good. :-) The Brembo rotors in the front provide the car with phenomenal stopping power and the calipers look very stylish and sporty. The car handles so well for a sedan, and I have major confidence when I take the car in a heavy corner at high speeds. It feels very planted and I feel really excited and secure at the same time. The ELS sound system is amazing, despite the bluetooth not working and me having to use aux. However, these little problems are totally outweighed by the immense pleasure this car evokes. The complaints I have follow- Poor quality dash, cheap cupholder, timing belt and water pump replacement, bluetooth not working. Other than these issues, the car is amazing. Overall, the TL-S is one of the greatest sport sedans ever made and Acura hit a home run. This car marks the end of an era, as after this car stopped being made, Acura has gone downhill in the past 11 years. None of their cars today give the feeling of sportiness except the NSX and MAYBE the TLX A-Spec. I hope the new Type-S models bring back the specialty that the TL-S carried. This car is also so uncommon, which is what I LOVE. I am the only one I know who owns one, and people gawk at it. I only see another TL-S maybe once or twice a month, and the owners and I have some fun talks. Its rarity, value, design, and performance make it a wondrous piece of automotive art. I love this car more than I can even explain. Please bring back the fun that the TL-S evokes Acura, please.

Great value for the money

Brad, 05/24/2009

I purchased my TL-S in July 2008 after seeing the spy pictures of the 2009 models. So far I have 7,500 miles on the car and it has been flawless. The 3.5L makes this car a sleeper, it's plenty fast for me. I shopped the G35, Lexus IS350 and BMW 3 Series before buying the Acura. The nice part about the car is the value for the money, this car comes loaded. With Lexus, BMW and Infiniti the options are expensive and add up quickly. An IS350 with the same equipment as this car stickered at over $45k, same with BMW. I was able to purchase my TL-S for $33k, that was $5,800 off the sticker. Was able to get a good deal with the ugly 2009's ready to hit the market.

Acura tl sport 2008

s3rgee, 06/20/2016
Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently bought a 2008 acura tl sport (carbon bronze) used with 125k miles, cant say im not satisfied, iv had a lot of people tell me how it looks more of a year car than a 2008, drivers perspective pretty fast great take offs , spacious, audio system is amazing , only complain no Bluetooth audio , besides that , the car is a great choice , iv had a 2000 civic 2007 g35 , but by far iv really like this car the most, if your a racer its fast but there is faster , you a cruiser , this is a great built up , gas worth every cent.

08 TL Type S

Happy Type S owner, 07/14/2009

I have owned my TL-S for a year and a half and have 13K miles on it. Overall a great car. I get 19-20 in the city and 30-32 on the highway at 72 MPH. Good suspension and great surround sound. Minor issues: fold down rear seat would be good, the trunk is so well finished there is no point to tie it down. Rain rolls off the roof onto the driver's seat when you open the door. No good CD case holder in the car. Passenger seat height adjustment would be nice. As you can see my issues are minor. I got 86 more HP than my 01 Accord for the price of 91 octane and with no real mileage penalty. Had considered a G35 but did not want RWD in the snow and the MPG was much higher for the Acura.

Best Acura

acura`, 08/01/2007

Handles better than the BMW, more reliable than the G and sexier than the IS. Great car.

Quiet Confidence/ Lovin every minute!!

Dookie, 11/10/2008

Traded 94 Legend for the Carbon Bronze 2008 TL/S. The TL/S same or better features than Niss/BMW for less $$. The 3.5 gets the TL/S moving quickly & oversize brakes offer smooth braking. Cruising at 70mph is the norm as one doesn't recognize the "speed" so pay attention. Quiet cabin, heated seats/mirrors, nav, XM, reverse cam, CD, DVD, smooth yet firm ride, great acceleration, takes curves like a slot-car. Speeds > 100mph, smooth & silky w/no vibration. Driving this auto since 12/2007, its once again FUN TO DRIVE! Absolutely love it!

Italian Styling + Japanese Reliability

CarAddict, 11/26/2009

In addition to Honda's reliability, the other main reason why I bought this car is that I think Honda really did a great job styling the exterior of the TL. I really like the beautiful styling touches such as the character lines that run across the sides of the car. The 2008 TL styling is elegant and understated, unlike the new 2009 TL which I thought is too loud for my taste with the oversized grill in the front and chrome strip on the trunk. However, the sleek styling does result in poor rearward visibility for the TL. Having driven a Acura Integra for the last 20 years, this is probably the biggest thing I have to adopt in my new TL. Both the B and the C pillars on the TL are very wide!

no longer own

Frank, 09/13/2016
Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Performance, comfort and reliability exceeded expectations. Most satisfied with this vehicle than others owned. A daily driver pleasure.

Expected better!

Bae, 07/03/2008

I drove 1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe for 15 years, 400,000 miles. and I traded in for this '08 Acura TL. I really liked the accord and it gave me no pain. But this TL has been proven to be a Rattle box. It makes rattling sound almost everywhere. I went in to the dealer about 4 times in one month starting 2 days after purchasing the car and stayed at the dealer for 2 weeks total in the first month. The first, sunroof problems and engine check light on and drive light blinking not shifting from 3rd to 4th gear, etc. It wasted a lot of my time and gave me so much stress. And all they gave me was the extended warranty. After the first month, I had to keep going back to dealer

08 Acura TL-S

Rob, 08/07/2008

I was leaning toward the base TL with Navi, but after test-driving both the base TL and the S it was all over. I drove the S first and the base TL really lacked the torque off the line. This is a great commuter car, comfortable yet sporty. I have the Crystal White Pearl with the Ebony/Silver Interior. I get compliments on the exterior color with its iridescence. I have about 900 miles on it now and the trip computer is telling me that for the past 650 miles (reset this after the initial tank of gas from the dealer) my MPG are 26! My commute is mixed city/highway (Philadelphia to NW Suburbs, 27 miles one-way).

Graduating through the Honda line

john, 01/26/2009

I bought my first civic in 85 and have owned a prelude, odessey and had been driving a 98 Accord with 172K miles. I thought it was time to continue with my Honda loyalty until they give me a reason not to, so I stepped up in class and bought the 08 TL in October. After 4 months, I have been very happy with this car. It looks plain from the outside, but is loaded with features. I would recommend it to anyone who wants high- performance, luxury and value.

Break it In

!AHA!, 03/04/2009

When I first got my Type-S, I was disappointed: the transmission felt jerky, the tires squealed readily during cornering and hard acceleration, and to top it off I bought an AUTO, which was all they had left. About three months later, the car literally transformed: the transmission was silky smooth, the handling was snappy and nimble, and there wasn't any real torque steer or understeer to deal with. It was still an auto, but that went well with the enormous number of luxury features. I can cruise in comfort and in style, or I can rip through the woods and destroy a Mitsubishi Eclipse at a stoplight. Either way, I'm no longer disappointed.

Excellent Balance of Comfort and Power

HardtoPlease, 12/10/2007

No perfect care exists, but the 2008 TL Type S comes close for an attainable price. The vehicle is an excellent blend of power, handling, and interior refinement. A comparable BMW would be significantly more expensive. The competitor vehicles, such as the G35 and the IS350 are good cars but lack the professional finish seen in Acura vehicles. After a week of ownership, there are no visible flaws. The voice command feature of the DVD-navigation system does take some time to learn and perfect.

Buy this car

Jason D, 11/05/2017
Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. I drive aggressively and average 24mpg and 28-29 on highway trips. The best shifting manual I have ever owned. Clutch is light compared to most cars and is little difficult to get used to but now I love everything about the car. I purchased at 111k miles (cannot tell a difference in it and 10k mile car) now have 132k in a year and a half of ownership. Does not interface with new smartphones well for Bluetooth is my only real complaint. It is a fantastic car for the most part. The interior is very nice and I have not suffered the notorious dash crack from heat as others have experienced. It would be hard for me to ever get rid of this car I like it that much! Will probably keep until 300k miles + ! Buy this car!!

Excellent car all around

Icu Nursing, 05/07/2015
Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car was an amazing buy. I couldn't have asked for anything more. It has just the right amount of luxury and sport. I drove my brother's TL for a month and absolutely fell in love with the Acura. The TL was perfect in everything besides for the power (preference). So I bought the type-s. If you plan to commute this car gets 33 mpg on freeway at 70mph when I'm not driving it hard. When you want to have fun it will take on most cars on the road (auto). If I planned to constantly race I would have looked for a manual which has much better drag performance (6speed). When I see other type-s owners on the road my eyes enjoy this vehicle's unmatched unique design.

Great Car!!!!!

PaulS, 12/02/2007

Purchased the TL Type S auto and love the car. Narrowed down my search to the G35 and TL. Final decision was based on convenience of the dealership and the fact that I love everything about the car. The ride is firm with a ton of power (286 hp) under the hood. The interior has all the conveniences and then some like the real-time traffic nav system, XM radio and Bluetooth. The interior quality is top notch. Love the exterior and I think the TL has a unique look unlike a lot of the other models.

My Dream Car

Meech, 10/05/2016
Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I always wanted this car since high school. I made my dream come true found a 2008 with under 70 K.To most people this is a downgrade from my previous car but to me it was a upgrade. This is a car I will drive until the wheels fall off . I cannot wait until I put my supercharger inside of it.

Very disappointed

Mike, 04/25/2017
Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not the kind of hope and dreams I had about owning this car,it has from one problem to the other and the dealership keep saying they don't find anything wrong with the car and all I can say is my older camry with 200k miles drove better than this.

Acura TL 2008

Guillermo Ortiz, 11/10/2015

Is An Excellent car cant complain about anything

Glad I did not wait for 2009 TL

Blah Blah, 01/04/2009

Love the car! Midnight Black with dark interior and 6-speed. This card flies and is a blast to drive. Love the standard gadgets. This makes the buying experience very easy.

Stayed with the Honda family of cars

Mike, 03/24/2009

It came down to this car or a BMW 3-Series and I'm glad I chose the Acura. It has excellent performance and handles well. Interior features are great and the body style is sleek. Previously owned a Civic so I know this car is dependable.

Why spend more when you don't have to!

Michael in Montreal, 05/31/2008

My brother, who had recently purchased a 2008 Acura TL S-Type, recommended that I test drive the car, and stop looking at more expensive cars that I was considering, such as the Jaguar XF and the Audi A6. Well, we are both now driving the same car, except his is Silver and mine is Pearl White. The car is solid, fast and luxurious. In Pearl White, the car is a very sexy sharp-looking car. I was sold within 5 minutes of the test drive, and the driving experience just gets better with time. It will take me time to learn how to use all the features that come with the car, but with the money I saved, I will study the owners manuals as I tan on the beaches in Southern Italy this summer

2008 Acura TL Type-S

Spend a little more!, 06/09/2008

I've liked the TL since the re-design in 2004 but I never liked the fog lights integrated with the headlights. Good when they separated them in 07. I looked at the BMW 328i, Lexus IS350 and Audi Quad S-line, the TL-S beat them all. With the list of standard features on the TL-S vs. paying a lot more money for it, with the others, it just made more since. Quad exhaust, power, hid lights, red interior lights & rims set this car apart from your standard TL. It's worth spending a little more to stand out. This car is a blast to drive & gets plenty of looks. I'm getting 22 mpg city, not that great, but I didn't buy it to save gas. Can't tell a diff with the HPT tires.

Love it

oscars2212, 06/23/2008

Bought a base TL about 3 months ago, and just love it. Having had an '05 C230 before this TL, I can tell you that the interiors are identical quality. IF you want a little more luxury, a little sportier car, for a lot more money, then by all means look at the MS, BMW or infiniti. But if you want the best combination of value and luxury, look no farther than the TL.

'08 Acura TL-S

dennis olson, 06/23/2008

My wife and I looked at several vehicles (Infiniti G35, Audi A4) before we decided on the Acura TL-S. My wife didn't like the others. I wanted performance - sporty handling and 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. The Acura's engine is very smooth with enough power. The handling is excellent - sporty but not stiff, slight understeer. Shifting is precise - I really love the shift paddles. The nav. system is easy to use with a big screen and many features. It's just really fun to drive.

2008 Acura TL Type S

Bill , 06/28/2008

Car is beautiful in black with factory chrome wheels and all optional body ground effects. VeRy fast, with paddle shifters (fun). I have 40 series tires which ride very harsh. Gas mileage is great on highway 28-30 and around 17-20 local. Car handles great and audio system is outstanding. Many voice operated controls that take time to learn, but worth it! Bluetooth phone system is outstanding.

2008 Acura TL-S Auto

Howie - NJ, 07/13/2008

After researching several makes, Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, MB, etc., I purchased my TL-S in silver about one month ago. I wanted a 6 speed but they were hard to find so I took an automatic. I'm still getting used to driving the auto as well as front wheel drive after driving all wheel drive Audis for the last 8 years. Overall this car is great, no complaints so far. I love the styling of the interior and exterior and the gas mileage for an engine this size has been surprisingly good. On a recent trip (600 miles round trip) I averaged 33 mpg! This car offered by far the best bang for the buck.

First Acura/Honda Purchase

TMac, 07/21/2008

I looked at many cars before buying this one. Mine is Bronze-Graphite with the charcoal/black interior. I traded in a Porsche and VW Jetta for the one TL-S, and feel it was a good decision. Performance is great, and for the price, what a deal!! It's faster than my 2000 Boxster, and I expect the reliability to be second to none. I just drove from Ft Worth to Houston, and got 30 mpg on the interstate with the cruise at 68. My in-town mixed driving delivers 22.5 mpg, and I drive fairly aggressive. Handling is great for a car of this type, and the fit and finish is as good as I have seen on any car. Interior is very sporty, but still luxurious. Style of Merc AMG or BMW-M Type for much less money

Buy this car!

I Love this Car!, 08/04/2008

I wanted a TL but I wanted to stand out from the crowd of other TL owners so I bought the TL-S with the aero body kit installed and it looks great. I'm getting 22 mpg city on 87 octane. I tried the 91 oct but I can't tell the difference on 2 tanks so I went back to 87 and it's just fine. Love the nav system, I'd be so lost w/out it plus its a fun toy and great for resale when(if) I sell it. Not a rocket ship but has plenty of power for city driving and has the Honda reliability, fit and finish. It loaded with options that would cost thousands more with BMW, Lexus, Audi and Merc. Why pay more??

Very happy - overall a great purchase

Nate H., 08/06/2008

I purchased my 2008 Acura TL Type S in April. 4 months later I am still very happy. Excellent acceleration and the gas mileage is surprisingly good. I've been averaging 27 mpg with city/hwy combined. Luxury and sport nicely combined. The TL offers more leg room for rear passengers than the IS 250 and G35. I wish the back seats were capable of folding down for my random stops at Lowes and Home Depot. The doors are hard to keep open while exiting but I will survive.

Versatile, attitude, hi mileage(?)

bbence, 08/25/2008

The car performs at your pleasure: it can give you speed, power, comfort, great directions (w/ navi), decent handling, and amazing mileage. Even with a few moments of pedal to the medal, I have been averaging between 31 and 32 mpg, albeit mostly highway miles. Front end torque is minimal unless you accelerate while making a sharp turn. The 6-speed is very smooth, energizing, and lets you drive the car the way it should be.

Acura TL-S

Dirt Racer, 09/15/2008

I looked at a lot of different cars including the Infiniti G35, Audi A4, Lexus IS 350 but found the Acura TL-S to be all I wanted at a great value for the price. It has great performance and handling, a great nav and audio system, comfortable interior, good styling and quality. It is just fun to drive.

Love this car!

Mike, 10/04/2008

Evaluated vs. the 2009 Audi A4 and G35xs. This car isn't as sporty as the G35 but more than the A4. It isn't as luxurious as the A4 but more than the G35. Perfect for my less than 20 mile commute. Gas mileage better than advertised. Extremely comfortable seats. Plenty of room for 6' plus. GPS easy to use. Voice commands a little hard to get used too. Excellent handling in the rain, up hills. Great acceleration. Plenty of backseat space. IPod plug in fine but no on screen controls not great.

Cool car, as I expected

stever469, 10/21/2008

I first saw the 2008 model at the Chicago Auto Show and fell in love. I wanted the Nighthawk Black Pearl, but ended up with Kinetic Blue Pearl with the dark Type S wheels. I love the way it looks and especially the way it drives! Lots of power, friendly operation, awesome stereo system, I can't say enough about this car. Most people ask me "who owns that fancy car"?. My answer, "that would be me".

Type-S is a FANTASTIC RIDE!!

vegasrph, 12/23/2007

Wow. Where do I begin? Well, coming from a BMW 325i all I can say is wow! What a difference!! The Acura is actually more fun to drive, has more room, you get the "all-inclusive" package when you get the Type-S vs BMW everything is "a la carte". So far I have only 300 miles on my Type-S, but I LOVE IT!! My first, second and third test drives were all very fun. I was able to "push" the test cars very hard and every time I left the dealer, I had a huge smile. The Acuralink NAV is amazing, seriously. This car can do it all! Very impressed with road noise suppression and overall ride. This car is FAST and NIMBLE without loosening your tooth fillings :)

2008 TL-S First Impressions

JVC, 11/19/2008

I purchased a 2008 TL-S in late October. I was looking for a sporty design with a smart interior. The TL-S also had more room than my 2007 BMW 328xi. I have owned the Infinity 235 and find that its interior does not match up to the TL-S. I love the wheels, the ELS sound system and the whole exterior look. I know it may be tired but it is classic. I looked at the 2009 but was not impressed by the design. I also received a great deal on the year end model. I traded-in a 2007 Saab Convertible. Acura makes buying very easy because there are only two trim levels. The competitors make you pay for every feature.

Acura TL Type-S is a MONSTER!!

vegasrph, 12/28/2007

Ok. This car likes to go fast, very fast. It feels very secure, but she likes to "boogie"!! I test drove a lot of cars before leasing the TL-S and I have to say, I made the right choice. Fuel economy isn't bad, isn't great either. So far I am averaging 20mpg, but for a car that has 286HP and F-1 style paddle shifters, its not bad. :) The car has room for 4/5 adults and golf clubs, plus it MOVES down the road with a lot of autority. The exhaust note is seductive, NAV is awesome, paddle shifters are sweet, handling is secure and often feels neutral, very much a "sleeper" on the street and easy to blow the doors off a BMW/Lexus/MB and give you a grin ear to ear. Get one, you will LOVE IT! :)

New TL-S

Yohann, 12/30/2007

I have had my new CBP TL-S with 6M for just over a week now and I am totally in love with it. My old car is a 1998 Maxima 5M and on my daily driving routine (of about 13 miles freeway and 10 miles side streets), I have been averaging 22 mpg. Possibly because I tend to accelerate hard and partly because I typically cruise at 77-80 mph on the interstate (depending on traffic). On my first tank with the TL-S (including 20 minutes idling at the dealer), I averaged about 24 MPG and so far on the second tank my average is between 25-26. That's pretty impressive considering that the TL is 450 lbs heavier and has a 100 hp over the Maxima, and not to mention just over 300 miles on the engine.

The best

Al, 01/05/2008

I had a budget up to 50 thousand and was looking at lexus and infiniti. Then decided to test drive tl-s and realized that it is the best car for my needs. It was one of the most quiet and comfortable cars, with enough power for daily commutes. The car is built with amazing quality in all the details inside/out. Fuel economy is decent - after 1400 miles computer shows 20 MPG with average speed 29 miles. I anticipate expensive maintenance on this car - tires, brakes, etc.

2008 Acura TL Type-S

lfloeck87, 01/19/2008

Came to the dealer looking for a TSX, Ended up going home with the TL type S. Amazing ride for a performance veichle, love the aggressive look. I got the pearl white w/the grey rims, totally bad look. Love the bluetooth and navi, there are so many buttons though, could be more organzied! Great pickup, a real sleeper. Came to this car from a c230 kompressor. HUGE difference, car is much better built and easier to maintain gotta love honda's reliable and user friendly v-tech. Only 110 miles on the car but I feel I've made a great, reliable purchase. Plenty of room in the back for adults too! The only thing that is kinda crummy is the gas mileage, but hey, it's got power!

08 Acura TL Type-S

BEN, 01/27/2008

Used to own an Infiniti G35, This car is an excellent & fun car to drive, and has many options.

Better than most

Epacal, 02/08/2008

I bought the Type S for a daily driver and have not been disappointed. Nice features, good ride and great performance. I can't believe the difference between the standard 3.2 TL and the 3.5 TL S. It was worth the extra money.

Love this Car!!

ingsoc39, 02/19/2008

My first Acura, researched this auto a good 7 months prior to purchasing, it performed well up to my expectations, and I am extremely pleased with it. You can configure the nav to male/female voice. It was everything and more than the comparable BMW and Lexus, at a much better value. Purchased Moroccan red with A spec special Acura wheels and tires, so splurged a bit, also purchased with ground effects package, it's a blast to drive, solid, refined, and Im enjoying it!

'08 Type S

Jeff, 02/23/2008

This little car really goes! Great 6m gearbox, super handling and good mileage for the package. My average is 25-28.The downside, lousy interior panels. My unit arrived "new" with a huge U shaped scratch on the dash in front of the steering wheel. Dealer is still fooling with resolution. I've since scuffed the door getting in & out and the wife put another one across the passenger side dash with her purse, yes a leather purse, while getting in. Beware pulling on hard acceleration, the TL can get a little hairy there. The interior is cramped and the tilt wheel stinks but if you are 6ft./215lb. and want 25 MPG this is one of the best deals going.

Great Car So Far!

Eric, 08/14/2007

So far this car is great. I got the Carbon Bronze Pearl, and it is a real looker. I'm a little disappointed with the gas mileage so far, as I'm coming from a 4 cylinder Honda Accord. I've put about 100 miles on it and it seems I've gone through about 1/3 of a tank of gas already. Although the "full" tank came from the dealership, so who knows how full it really was?

More of the same from Acura - Excellence

Tony, 09/24/2007

This is my fifth Acura. I traded in a 2005 TL for the new 2008 S-Type. The car is built like a vault with great handling and performance. The bronze metallic exterior with taupe interior is a knockout. Standard amenities, such as the nav system, are nothing short of luxurious. I found the standard bronze wheels very unattractive and insisted they be swapped with the standard issue wheels, and this was a huge improvement. Acura continues to provide an excellent product at a reasonable price.

Discreet Hot-Rod

Bruce, 10/08/2007

Almost 2 months of ownership, 1500 miles and I'm still in love. I was going to purchase the '08 335i (drove sedan/coupe) - as a fluke (just happened to be at the dealership with a friend) I drove the TL Type S and bought the car the next day (no comparison to the BMW). The growl of the quad exhaust is hot. The car looks a bit demure but hit the gas and watch out! Everyone loves it. As most here, I also got the Carbon Bronze Pearl and think that color suits the darker rims very well. I'm very glad I decided to take a test drive that day. I also drove the car with an auto transmission and like the automatic better (the second auto I've ever owned).

It's perfect so far!

William Carter, 08/17/2007

I love this car. I was driving a 2000 BMW 328 (my third one) and the second I test drove this car, I put my BMW up for sale. My 328 sold and I picked up my new Acura on Sat, Aug 11th. First the car handles amazingly well for a car that is quite a bit larger than the BMW. The TL S type has an amazing engine with more than enough power. The interior is beautiful to look at with the two tone leather seats and sharp accents. My cool younger friends and my 18 year old nephew raved about this car and both the exterior and interior. Everybody seems to like it. I got the bronze color which looks amazing with the rims. I love everything about this car!

51050