Used 2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great Car
By Ken Kastelic

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this car the whole time I have had it. over 7 years

Love my TL, but...
By Mike D

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, powerful, lots of toys, beautiful lines--but expensive to maintain unless you can say no to the service writers at the dealership!

Love my Acura!
By Abby

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My husband purchased my used '07 Acura TL Type-S for me in September 2016. We hunted for months to find the perfect TL. It had 117,000 miles on it and was in tip top shape. Handles nicely, accelerates without hesitation. My only gripe is the dash. After owning the car for less than 6 months, deep cracks started appearing in the dash over the airbag. Now my luxury car looks a wreck on the inside. I contacted Acura and they did not have any concerns or solutions to my problem. I'm still driving the car and have put 20,000 miles on it since purchase. It's my daily driver and handles well in all types of weather; even deep Michigan snow. I will gladly get another Acura down the road because of the comfort, luxury and reliability that I have experienced with my Type S. I just wish Acura would stand behind the quality of the interior a little more. I cannot use my blue tooth due to a common fault in the system that runs the batteries down.

2007 Acura TL type-S
By Harry

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car overall. Purchased new for $5K below MSRP. Very reliable but watch out for Bluetooth connection to cell phone. Known to actually kill battery by failing to disconnect properly. Continues searching for connection when you leave vehicle (24/7!). $375 to fix plus new battery! Engineered to go 300k miles with proper maintainence. Brembo brakes fantastic but pads AND rotors wear very quickly. Remember the $1,100 cost to change out timing belt and water pump at 105,000 miles or 7 years!

Speed Demon with Benefits
By LEN

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car for performance and great mileage,30 mpg on highway @70 miles per hour.