Used 2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews

Used TL for Sale
Select your model:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

2007 Acura TL type-S

Harry, 12/24/2017
Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car overall. Purchased new for $5K below MSRP. Very reliable but watch out for Bluetooth connection to cell phone. Known to actually kill battery by failing to disconnect properly. Continues searching for connection when you leave vehicle (24/7!). $375 to fix plus new battery! Engineered to go 300k miles with proper maintainence. Brembo brakes fantastic but pads AND rotors wear very quickly. Remember the $1,100 cost to change out timing belt and water pump at 105,000 miles or 7 years!

Great All Around Car

SAW, 01/02/2007
Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda/Acura products for over 10 years, so when it came time to replace my TSX, the TL was the logical choice. I looked at the 335i, G35, and IS 350. They are all great cars, but each one had a few annoying features. The TL Type-S has all the performance I need, with a great interior and proven Acura reliability. I have had the car for 2 weeks now, and I do not regret any part of my decision.

Loving my Type-S!

crivett246, 01/25/2015
Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Type-S for almost four months now and I'm loving it. Accelerates very fluidly and fast, with torque steer noticable only if you punch it. The interior design is really great and the gps is easy to use, but could be better on the last part of getting to your destination. The braking on it is also phenomenal. They're really grabby, but the brembo generate alot of dust and I'll probably switch them out when they wear. Overall, no regrets about my purchase.

Tires and iPod connection

George, 08/30/2010
Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just would like to address those that complain about tires not lasting: in a sport-sedan don't expect sticky tires that hold the road last very long. Long-lasting tires will spin when you drive. iPod: for all of you 2007 TL owners: the iPod connection is in the middle compartment under your elbow, well hidden, just look for it. Not a good place, but it's there.

Love my Acura!

Abby, 02/21/2018
Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My husband purchased my used '07 Acura TL Type-S for me in September 2016. We hunted for months to find the perfect TL. It had 117,000 miles on it and was in tip top shape. Handles nicely, accelerates without hesitation. My only gripe is the dash. After owning the car for less than 6 months, deep cracks started appearing in the dash over the airbag. Now my luxury car looks a wreck on the inside. I contacted Acura and they did not have any concerns or solutions to my problem. I'm still driving the car and have put 20,000 miles on it since purchase. It's my daily driver and handles well in all types of weather; even deep Michigan snow. I will gladly get another Acura down the road because of the comfort, luxury and reliability that I have experienced with my Type S. I just wish Acura would stand behind the quality of the interior a little more. I cannot use my blue tooth due to a common fault in the system that runs the batteries down.

12345...20