Used 2000 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (94 reviews )

Nana needs a suv!
By Jude

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

The ONLY reason I'm getting rid of this wonderful car is because at 60yrs young, I need a car that's sits up higher. Getting in and out is becoming an issue. I love my Acura and would drive it into the ground if I could. It is fairly young as it is 2018 as I write this, and has 103k miles on it. Dont even hesitate to purchase a low milage Acura. If it's been taken car of...this car will easily go 300k. My mechanic said he could have mine sold in less than a week if I will put on his lot.

BEST CAR EVER!!
By Liam

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

My mom bought this Acura in December 1999. Drove it until my sister was 17. And it lasted 17 YEARS!! We had to trade it in this year because of a cylinder misfire. If that didn't happen I would of driven it. The thing I loved about it is the speaker quality. It was AMAZING. I would blast Kanye west and feel the subwoofer vibrate in my seat. I LOVED IT!!!!!

Best car in last 14 years
By xdamian

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Purchased it Nov 1999. Only has 44,700 miles. Car is anvil strong. No squeaks, or vibrations. Needed front left engine mount 7 years ago;
have replaced only routine maintenance since. Original everything else including Xenon headlamps. Corners at 80 with car rotation (need to feel it to understand). Front dashboard like new (with no special care except occasional cover to keep sun off surfaces in summer). All electrics work perfectly and never needed fixing. Maintenance suggested new tires, (dry rot from lack of use) battery through some pretty tough N VA winters and timing belt (to be changed every 10 years despite mine not needing it). Super quiet, no acceleration lag whatsoever.

Sport shift is great fun (drives semiautomatic shift as well as normal automatic). Last test run got between 29.7-30.3 mpg highway and car was loaded with heavy groceries (3 ensure 32 pack boxes) as well as full trunk. Still love beautiful lines of forward tilted look (with no smiley face like on today's TL's). Was told car looks like it is speeding while it is standing still. Front wheel drive in heavy VA winters left me moving while others were caught in drifts. Simply nothing wrong with just routine maintenance. Same transmission and headlamps (while others report need to replace in other reviews).

Unaware of why front engine mount needed re-placing 7 years ago ($1800). while overhead light between passenger and driver has come loose (but still works like new). That's it!

One of the best
By realtordl87

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars I've owned. I just purchased it this year 2012 and it's a 2000. I traded in a 2009 Pontiac G5 GT with only 37,000 miles in on this car which had 122,000 miles at purcahse and I would do it over again. I absolutely love the way the car drives, the interior, and the outside. It drives smooth as a brand new car. The only thing that I have an issue with is the cup holders. They don't really do anything with a 20 oz water bottle or pop bottle, it more or less just topples front to back when driving. I'm a realtor by trade and the car is more than spacious enough. I could have bought a newer car, but I really prefer Model years 1999-2001 for some reason.

All the standard features including, sunroof, heated seats, power just about everything. Huge trunk storage, great long haul comfortable seats, extremely bright headlamps. Very easy to just get in and drive. Nothing overly complicated to learn about the car.

There's features I miss from my old car including bluetooth etc, but they weren't available back then... So really nothing, if you want a newer car, buy a newer car, I bought this car by choice.

2000 TL
By romandiaz

2000 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

2000 TL has 164,000 miles for original owner.
Other than the usual recommended maintenance items, the only unscheduled repair was the $5,000 transmission replacement at 120,000.
The car just runs with 28mpg, freeway, 23 around our hilly town.
All 4 struts have been replaced by dealer ~$2000 and the tires have been replaced 3 times.
Battery replaced 3 times.
Brakes have been replaced once.
The leather looks great inside but driver's side has some cracks.
Carpeting is fine.
I bought a 2003 in addition and will eventually purchase another Acura if they keep their record up.
Just love this car!

Reliable and powerful. Durable.

Not too crazy about the premium fuel requirement but I understand why it's technically required. The original tires weren't performance / luxury and should be as the latter really affect the car's performance positively in regards to road noise, cornering, ride and braking. Wish paint was thicker.