Used 2004 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews

Used RSX for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

delighted with my RSX-S

new RSX owner, 11/12/2003

I just picked up my new RSX-S last week and I am extremely happy. I was also debating on buying a Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS and I am so glad that I decided on the Acura.

nice car

Luca, 11/16/2003

i-vtec engine is powerful spitting out 200 horses at 7400 rpm's and is quite intelligent.

Good Car

Amun Re, 11/25/2003

Well built. Only have 1100 miles but they have bee a fun 1100. Can feel the engine getting stronger as it loosens up. Very quick for a 4 cyl.

worst...transmission....EVER

B17A1girl, 06/28/2005

As a the Internet Sales Manager and a salesperson at a car dealership, I drive different cars every day. My Acura RSX type-S, which is supposed to be one of the most reliable cars available, has the worst manual transmission I have ever experienced on a new car. Ever since I bought it, 2nd and 3rd gear have been grinding. It's been back to 3 different Acura dealers 4 times for the same problem. Only one of them was willing to fix it and found that the synchros are bad from the factory. They supposedly replaced them but the problem continues. NEVER buying a Honda product again.

A classic

KRA, 07/16/2017
Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car

The Acura Company

Chainsaw, 11/27/2003

This car is easy to fix up, i got mine up to 600hp and 9200rpm maxed out

RSX - S

Silver03, 11/21/2003

This is an extremely fun car. You really feel like you get more than you pay for. Great performance, reliability, style, and comfort. I do wish it had some type of traction control and a little more torque.

Best Integra Yet

Jesse Wingert, 12/06/2003

I am very satisfied with the nest generation Integra. The Type S RSX is a real quick and snappy car the combines top notch performance with leather interior, 7 Bose surround sound speakers, CD player and a 6 speed manual tansmission.You have to love a car that delivers so mucth.

Great car!

Nev, 12/13/2003

I am very happy with my RSX. It represents a great combination of performance, comfort and reliability. It is very happy pottering around town but also gives an exciting drive if you open it up and push the revs up near the 8000 limit. The only slight citicism I have is that it does feel a bit "front-end heavy" and has the typical front-wheel drive understeer that was less apparent in the Honda Prelude I had before. Having said that the manual six-speed transmission is excellent and the steering is pin-sharp with good road feel. Overall definitely a winner and I have no regrets.

Good car, bad people

IDriveALemon, 12/20/2003

I have never been to such horrible dealerships in my life. The people are just horrible, they don't care about the customer, they are willing to say just about anything just to be able to deny (warranty on) your claim on problems and issues with the car. The warranty as far as I'm concerned is completely irrevelent, since they don't car to abide by it. If you want a car without a warranty, this is the car. But you might as well buy it used for that matter.

12345...12