Used 2004 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used RSX for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Instant Classic!!

RSXorcist, 08/24/2005

I've had the car for a little over a year and I still find excuses to run errands just so I can drive it. I love this car. While I did grind 2nd gear occassionally, I figured it was more user error than anything. The seats are great, steering wheel firm, transmission precise and handling amazing. I wasn't a big fan of hatchback designs but this grew on me. You have to drive it to appreciate it. I've taken it on the canyon twisties along with a buddies S2000 and it kept up quite well (probably would've kept up even better if the stock tires didn't stink).

Still Happy

TP, 09/27/2006

I've had a 2004 Type-S for 33,000 miles. I'm completeley happy with it and am only sad that 2006 is the end of the line for the great Integra-RSX. I owned an Integra previously and bought the RSX-Type-S because I like the engineering and the car gets exceptional mileage. It's a little noisy but so what? You have the CD player on anyway, and the Bose sound system is quite good. Better than the Integra's Alpine. This is a gearhead's car, and it's a blast to drive. Too bad it's easy to get tickets! It looks good, especialy in Milano Red, and is nicely put together and exceptionally reliable. Nice job Acura!

After 2 years, still lovin' it

Vince, 12/15/2006

Overall, I love this car. It blends performance along w/ luxury in a very valuable package. Yes, the gearbox is a little finicky at times, but you just have to row thru the gears prior to driving, especially when cold. Yes, my car has many rattles. Ask any owner of a sport compact w/ a very stiff suspension. It's just the nature of the beast. Used to drive this thing 160 miles everyday for work. Road noise gets tiresome and stiff suspension causes backaches, but gets very good MPG. Compared to other cars, may not have the most luxury or features. Honda owner for life.

Fun but needs something

GD, 04/26/2007

Forgetting the fact that this car is no longer being made (poor Integra) It is a fun car day to day. The only thing is that for the money you can get a LOT more bang for your buck. If you are a die hard Honda fan you will forget the fact that the car has no torque and gets tiring to drive when revving to 8100 to stay in vtec after every shift. I bought the car on a whim but wish I would have looked at a WRX. Good reliable car but really overpriced and underpowered. Honda needs to step it up with a boosted car or they will be left behind. Also dont plan on carrying anyone in the car, the extra weight and lack of torque kills any hope of accelerating.

57K miles and still love it

Vince, 08/13/2007

This car does nothing great, but does everything well. It has enough power to be useable in daily driving, yet it feels like a different car when VTEC kicks in around 6K RPM. Stock it handles well enough, but go aftermarket for serious handling. The interior is good. Nothing in this car requires the owner's manual. Honda has perfected user-friendly interiors. When driven reasonably, I've averaged 34-36 MPG consistently. The chassis has developed some rattles, mainly when the temps are cold. Other than that, the chassis is solid. I had 2nd gear grinds earlier on, but it now only happens when extremely cold. Overall, I love this car and I think it's a great car for the young professional.

Very good car

Roger, 09/09/2007

I bought this car summer of 04 brand new. It's a great car all around. Great handling, nice power and engine sounds. Only problem I had w/this car is 2nd gear goes in rough a lot and 3rd gear pops out sometimes. I took it to Acura 2 times and they can't find the problem.

Overall, a great little car

Vince, 11/30/2007

For those reviewers complaining about the lack of luxury features, realize what kind of car this is supposed to be. This was Acura's entry level car, not their flagship. About the tranny, I know many other sport compacts that have the same tranny issues. After 3 years, I still love this car. In stock form, it's pretty bland, but I've taken care of that. Performance is so so if you don't hit the hot cam, but handling is above average. The rear can get pretty nervous when the roads get rough. This is NOT a long haul vehicle and not the greatest for city and/or bumper to bumper. The stock stereo is pretty weak. If u don't go crazy, 34 MPG is easily attainable. Overall, this is a good car.

51050