2017 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Great Daily Driver and Roadtrip Cuiser
By John

2017 Acura RDX Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a very low mileage (less than 1,000 miles!) CPO AWD RDX Advance, had it shipped from out of state due to wanting Fathom Blue Pearl and none were available locally and Advance trim was even more difficult to find. Traded in an Infiniti G37x due to needing more space but not wanting to sacrifice too much performance and I love the RDX more than I thought I would. Very comfortable as a daily commuter and navigating through rush or driving hours on end up to the cabin. I thought I really wanted a BMW X3 or Audi Q5 but after looking at maintenance expenses and higher insurance costs ($20-30$ more/month for the German cars and RDX is same as my G37) plus long term Honda reliability and resale value, RDX was an easy choice. I drove all three SUVs in heavy snow storms (I live in Minneapolis) before purchasing which I highly recommend doing and despite the less sophisticated AWD system in the RDX, it performed just as well on both slick roads and unplowed parking lots as the X3 and Q5. For those who do not know, the AWD system in the RDX was updated for the 2016 refresh with a larger rear differential, thicker drive shaft, and larger rear axle drive shafts to handle a 60/40 front/rear power split as well as provide better dry road handling. The 2013-15 RDX can only manage a 75/25 power split and in testing another family members '13 RDX, the updated AWD system handles foul weather significantly better and the rear differential does not overheat as it does in the earlier models. The RDX rides much softer than the X3 and the V6 is incredibly smooth and quiet. A recent 1,000 mile road trip yielded 30.5mpg round trip so no disappointment there. I thought my Infiniti was quiet on the highway but wow is the RDX hushed when cruising at 75mph. Other reviewers said this car was noisy inside but I highly disagree as do the professional auto publications. In comparison, I was disappointed by how much road and wind noise the BMW let into the cabin at highway speeds. The seats are extremely comfortable (I am 5'7"), ACC cruise control and lane keep assist work well, and the rear cross traffic alert is nice to have in busy parking lots. ELS stereo has great sound quality and thump from the subwoofer and having both heated and cooled front seats is game changing. I actually like the two screen setup and the NAV system will redirect you if there is a traffic incident. I also like how it shows your next turn in the meter display along with the compass and other vehicle information. My only gripe which I knew when buying this car is it a FWD platform with a transversely mounted motor and unequal length drive shafts so hard acceleration does bring just a slight, slight hint of torque steer but again, the updated AWD system does mitigate this compared to base FWD models and earlier production AWD RDX's. Otherwise, I really enjoy this car for its looks, features, and all around handling/daily livability.

Inside it's an upscale Honda
By W.T.Parker

2017 Acura RDX Advance Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Honda is an engineering company first and foremost. Regardless of the product from rototillers to jet airplanes, whatever they make works and works well. Yes, all cars break, some more than others, but for 40 years starting with Honda and then Acura. My last four Acuras never glitched once, same for my Hondas. Moreover, you can judge a car company by how they handle recalls. My last recall from Honda went perfect and was professionally fixed w/o a hassle. For safety, reliability and style, I'll continue with Honda/Acura as long as their engineering and build remains excellent. Lastly, resale is another consideration for owning a Honda product and to top it off, my RDX was made in the US. That alone should be reason enough without even considering the lower cost to insure.

MY JOE REVIEW
By JOE MARULLO

2017 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was a 6 cylinder wish it was a 4. Could have gotten better miles per gallon.

Never again!
By Nice G

2017 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 17' CPO RDX Tech AWD with 9900 miles on it from paragon acura. (CPO is a joke!) Few days later noticed a tapping noise coming from the engine compartment. Took it to one of the local dealers. I had to leave my CPO(!!!) car there for 14 days for Torque Converter replacement. Done. The tapping noise is gone. Great. ... Now I got a few new problems: 1. Upshifting hesitation @ 20 mph. 2. Rough downshifting @ 20 mph. 3. Feel a jerk just before it comes to a complete stop. Will take it back to them next week. As soon as I got out from the dealer decided to check on their work...oh my... Drivers side mirror scratched, plastic engine cover under the hood was not secured- just left loose on the engine, 4 plastic clips are missing on under-the-hood panels. So much for 2017 acura CPO junk... Never again.

Wife's car
By Eddie

2017 Acura RDX Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Figure out which package you prefer (as well as accessories) before shopping.....models 2016-2018 all have the same features...