2018 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

One Of The Best Midsize Luxury SUV’s
By Chris Yoso

2018 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Advance and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

After owning an unreliable Gl550 resulting in over 5,000 dollars for repair, I decided our family should switch to something more reliable. While the Lexus RX was a solid choice it was slow and the lower trim levels was not really nice. I heard about Acura and thought I should check it out. Overall I am glad with my choice not only because of the lower price, but because of the reliability. This car feels upscale, not cheap. The only downside was the Acura dealers. The service is not very good.

2018 MDX Tech..1st Acura, Has some misteps
By Chris B

2018 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Reading some other reviews I can concur with, the break clicking noise when backing up, The strange distorting haze on the passenger side while looking from the driver side of windshield and vice versa. My biggest issue is the acceleration off the line. When a light turns green and you ease on the gas, it almost does nothing, and then Jerks and accelerates hard. This is enough not to want to drive especially in areas with a lot of stop and go or lights. The dash is dated but i believe it will change to what the 2019 RDX has in 2020. Make sure to get a version with SH-AWD it makes a large difference in the driving dynamics. I still think its funny how the moon roof shade is completely manual like a base model civic from the 2000's. At this price point all things should be automated. Although i'm glad for Apple Car play, it defeats the purpose when you have to use the control knob to access the functions, seems to be one of those, well here ya go type of updates.

Beware - Fragile electronics
By Matt

2018 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The rear USB ports are perilously close to the rear drinks holders and unprotected from even the slightest spill. My young boy spilt no more than a straw full of liquid but it was enough to completely short the electronics and completely incapacitate the car and render it undriveable. After a four figure repair sum Acura client relations were rude and completely unsympathetic. Will be the last Acura I ever buy - sticking with Lexus from now on. Shame because the car actually drives great, but doesn't have the attention to detail of other luxury brands.

LOVE my 2018 Acura MDX with Technology
By Charlotte

2018 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Having owned Buick, Honda, Toyota, and Opel, I absolutely love my new MDX. The technology portions have been greatly improved and are easier to use. And, I really love CarPlay. In selecting my new vehicle, I test drove the Highlander, RDX and the MDX. My requirements were ride comfort and low vehicle noise. I would rank my choices as follows: MDX, Highlander (a close second) and the RDX which made more sense economically. However, the MDX met my primary needs better than the other two. Knowing Acura's reliability made my decision, and I have been driving it now for a month and love it. FYI, my friends have been very impressed with the ride and the ease of using the technology. They drive 2018 Ford, Lexus, Toyota, and Honda SUV's.

Must buy
By shortKarateGi

2018 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

If you’re in the market for an SUV, you have to consider the 2018 Acura MDX Sports Hybrid. This vehicle is not only fuel efficient, it is also a semi autonomous vehicle. With the combination of LKAS and Adoptive Cruise Control, it could almost drive itself. The infotainment is also good with Apple Carplay. The navigation is OK, I have yet to know how the traffic info can be accessed. For an average size and weight, this car is humongous, lots of space for the entire family. We were able to test the seating capacity, drove for about an hour and a half — no complaints; but I will not suggest it for a very long drive as the middle sit of the second row is quite uneasy to look at. Perhaps this can cary 6 adults and 2 kids? Acceleration is quite good for its size and the MPG was easily achieved, actually moe than the advertised combined MPG. We topped it with 28 and change — actual calculation at the fuel pump. Overall, it’s a verry good car to have. No complaints so far as the car is less than a month of ownership.