Used 2015 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Bad Transmission

Diane, 05/17/2016
Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a used 2015 Acura MDX. You can feel the transmission changing with every gear. At slow speeds the car feels like it is missing. Took to dealer and software was updated but still same problem. Returned to dealer and was told it had an adaptable transmission and to drive it until it got used to the way I drove. I have driven it about 2,000 miles and still the same problem. Very disappointed as I thought Acura was a great car. Has anyone else had this problem?

A Nice SUV ripe with electronic issues - Too bad really

goddo, 04/14/2015
SH-AWD w/Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I feel like a guinea pig. I was sold a vehicle and I am the one testing it. This SUV is an amazing highway cruiser and family hauler when it's not in the garage for electronic issues. My vehicle has been in the garage for multiple two-week periods trying to fix an electrical issue and now the newest issue is the keyless entry/start system doesn't work. I can't even unlock the doors without removing the key from the fob, and I have to hold the fob next to the button just to start the car (even then you wonder if it will work). I have rattles, knocks, and electronic issues that you would expect from a $15K car but not from a luxury brand. I want to like this car, I really do.

GPS sucks!

Michal, 12/08/2015
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had great expectations for this car and it has been a great disappointment. Driving experience is excellent, comfy, well responsive, good visibility to the front. Poor visibility to the back when parking. Infotainment is big mess. I find using my i-phone more than car's features, because it takes so much time to enter or find any Point of interest from Acura database which is extremely poor or algorithms for searching are poorly designed. Acura owns apology to all owners for this mess and perhaps free update to fix it. It is also very slow in response and user experience requires numerous endless clicks to get to anything. I prefer hands down my GPS in 10 year old Honda Pilot EX than this new Acura. It seems that a lot of owners are furious over this infotainment fiasco. I really want to love this vehicle but in the future I will definitely look more closely at many other brands before buying another Acura.

Poor visibility in rear

mdx514, 01/02/2015
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I have been very pleased with my 2015 MDX AWD with tech package. After driving the car for a couple of months, I have become familiar with programming the nav and radio. My biggest concern with the model is the rear visibility. When crossing a four lane highway, stopping in the median to continue a left-hand turn, visibility is completely blocked by the rear window brace. I have experienced this a few times when the car is sitting at an angle and look to the right, you cannot see anything--very scary and dangerous.

Forever an Acura Guy

robfrommass, 02/26/2015
SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 04 Acura MDX for a 2014 Chevy Traverse, worst move ever. Bought a 2015 MDX Tech and love it. Much easier to see out of, handles like a car, plenty of power and shifts smoothly with the six speed auto. Dual screen can be a little overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of the redundant controls it is actually quite easy to operate with little distraction. LED headlights are second to none. No need to even remove the remote from your pocket, everything is operated through proximity sensors. Third row one touch entry is as easy as it gets. Interior build quality is high but there are a few little flaws. I'm 73" and wish the drivers seat went back one or two more inches. Update: Vehicle is now at 47,000 miles. Needed power tilt steering wheel assenbly replaced under warranty as the electric motors had become very loud. No other repairs needed beyond routine maintenance as of today. There are a few rattles coming from windows when partially open and from the door trim that I wouldn't expect from a luxury brand like Acura, just cheapens the feel of the vehicle. Overall, vehicle has been very reliable and I am still happy with the purchase.

12345...13