Used 2015 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Took it back
By Stephen Vanek

2015 Acura MDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a used 2015 base model with 108k miles on it in mid August. Id owned an old TL that I loved and was hoping to have the same romance with an MDX. I took it to a third party mechanic the day after I bought it and he said it looked clean. A week after that inspection, while driving at low speed on my suburban neighborhood street the front suspension started to make rather loud thunks and creaks as if something was loose or a tire was about to break off. At higher speeds the problem disappeared. A week later on the way to Costco two blocks from our house my wife turned to me and said, “you need to take this car to the dealership and get it looked at.” I did. I took it and sold it and bought a Lexus RX350.

Defective Windshield
By Rhona

2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a great vehicle with one exception. We are now on our FOURTH windshield replacement! Not to mention the last replacement was only one month ago, and it is already chipped AGAIN!! Not sure if this is due to the angle of the windshield or thickness of the glass. But we cringe every time we are driving and road debris or rocks hit the vehicle. And mind you, this is just typical road conditions. There appears to be other complaints online with this same issue.

Acura MDXs Are Great
By J. W. Johnson

2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2015 Acura MDX has been a wonderful SUV for us. This is the third MXD we have owned and we put 160k miles on the first one and our son is still driving the second one with over 100k The all have been very reliable.

Disappointed with ride
By Florida buyer

2015 Acura MDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove many MDX that seemed great. Bought a different one that seemed a little bumpy on test drive but not super noticeable. 6 months later and after having dealer change shocks and factory recall dampers in rear it still handles road bumps terrible. Hear thud and clunking and makes you cringe with every bump. Its like it has no shocks when it hits bumps and potholes. Transmission hunts at certain speeds and RPM becomes jerky. Highway ride on smooth pavement is very good. Changes the driver seat position from 1 to 2 at random. Good interior space, seating, and interior arrangement. Overall its not the dream MDX we thought it was. Other years ride better from what we understand. But this 2015 is very bad and we have to get rid of it now so we dont have to deal with the bumps for 6 years.

Not what I would expect from a $47k car
By Steve D

2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Suspension sucks! Clunky every time you hit a bump. Transmission is pretty weak. Shifts too many times.