Used 2014 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Not as happy with this model
By Nan

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Advance and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2014 MDX new and have been the only driver -- just now has a little over 20K miles (the little 'ol lady owner joke :-) Anyway, I too had the squeal of the steering column whenever the temps were hot or cold. It took several trips to the dealer (which is a long drive from my home) before the column would make the noise for the service department techs -- service department finally acknowledged they'd had others with the same problem. Now 2 yrs later, steering feels like something is loose and so now back to the dealer I go. I'm very disappointed in the braking system. The rotors are bad. It is disappointing I have to have those worked on since the car does not get driven much/brakes aren't used much (no issues with my 2011). I'm disappointed I cannot use car play because honda won't/can't offer a software update for "older models". I don't like the touch screen and the voice recognition works only when it wants to (my 2011 has this same problem), and sometimes the Bluetooth for phone goes crazy and won't recognize my phone. I purchased this MDX because I own a 2011 MDX and am pleased with it. It too has low miles. It is used in mountain driving and handles superbly in the snow, down the mountain, etc. Will keep the 2011 but looking at the Subaru Ascent to replace the 2014 MDX. I'm sure there are other small issues with the 2014 that I'm not remembering now. Maybe I just got a lemon.

Great Drive
By Vince Difini

2014 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Best, most comfortable car I've ever traveled in. love to drive it or be a passenger.

Nice but wish it.....
By Gary

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a nice SUV, but to catch up to the other luxury models, needs better breaks, interior quality materials, and less squeaky noises in the body.

Bad bad bad suspensions!!
By Vladimir

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Poor suspensions quality and to much noise when hit a pothole ­čśĆ

MDX Big Dog
By Jim Crawford

2014 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This SUV will satisfy so many things a family or just two people would want in a vehicle that meets so many needs such as comfort in that long trip, carrying passengers, kids and their friends, that 4X8 sheet of plywood and great navigation and entertainment center.