Used 2010 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

2010 MDX

Travelin guy, 05/13/2017
Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great all around SUV. Load it up, tow a trailer, the kids and go.... don't worry about the weather!

Acura MDX provides excellent/reliable performance

Timothy Hart, 11/07/2018
Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I read about how good the MDX was and switched from an Escalade to the MDX. It has been a completely reliable vehicle without a single visit to the dealer for problems. My car looks the same as when I first drove it home. The interior and exterior have held up perfectly. The car drives the same as when I first purchased it. It is roomy and when I need to bring a large load home, it does a good job. The car drives well on ice or snow. It has always been very comfortable and reliable. I would strongly recommend this car.

Buyer Beware! Oil Burner!

Pissed Acura Owner, 08/14/2019
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 MDX base model and have owned since brand new. The MDX now has about 103,000 miles. I purchased this car due to its reputation for reliability, dependability, and longevity. In February of 2019 I got a letter in the mail from Acura explaining that there’s an issue with some 3.7L engines burning oil. After driving between 4000 and 4500 miles prior to back to back oil changes, the engine was bone dry with no oil on the dipstick. Prior to the latter oil change, the oil light came on and I notified the dealer considering the maintenance minder indicated about 30% life on the oil. I was advised to check the oil and if need be add oil. I did so adding about 3 quarts and the level still did not show on the dipstick. So a few days later I go into the dealer to complain and I begin the oil consumption test. After 1500 miles I was told my engine burned a half a quart and that Acura may not fix the issue since it’s not burning over 1 quart in a 1000 miles. I am pissed! Engines aren’t supposed to burn oil! Acura claims this is normal! BS! I may be buying a Lexus or 4Runner! Honda/Acura has gone down in quality and are now on par with American manufacturers!

Torque converter issue

curious52, 11/13/2011

There is some concern about torque converters in older MDX vehicles, but now this goes forward to the 2010 model. At about 35,000 miles, my vehciles began to hesitate and shudder when it was necessary for the transmission to change gears. I read some Twitter reports which gave me reason to take my car to the dealer. They road tested the car and agreed the torque converter needed to be replaced, covered by the warrenty. They also told me they had replaced converters on four other 2010 MDX vehicles. The job takes about two days as the transmission must be lowered to replace the part. There is noticable difference now. My dealer was excellent in how they handled the matter.

Simply the best SUV

Richie Rich, 05/29/2010

Purchase my 2010 MDX Tech/Ent and without any doubt is the best handling SUV on the market. The new auto shift is smooth and makes the vehicle that much more responsive. The 2010s are much more quiet and upgrades to the technology is amazing. The stereo motivates you to drive more and the seats and active restraints are so much more comfortable. Stunning SUV.

12345...15