Used 2010 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Not so happy

steve, 09/24/2010

Have had 4-MDX's. The 10 model is the worse. Second row seats don't fold flat unless the second row headrests are removed. When removed there is no place to store them. More squecks and rattles than other 3 MDX's. Milage is not good for having a 6-speed trans. Recommended is 91 octane fuel. If use less the engine gives a fluttering noise. Dealer says tht is normal. This did not happened in any of my other 3 MDX's. Overall not happy with vehicle. Will look elsewhere when purchasing replacement vehicle.

So many problems already

Vincent, 02/25/2010

I have owned 5 Acura and Honda products in the past (2 Acuras and 3 Hondas). All of them have been pretty much "bulletproof" in quality and reliability. This one has been a terrible disappointment! Where do I start? My MDX has been in the shop 3 times already in just 4700 miles! The transmission jerks erratically. The ELS sound system was fixed under warranty, and the vehicle pulls strongly to the right (Alignment has not fixed the issue).

So much better than the 06 MDX

hamish, 03/28/2010

Have had my 10 base MDX for all of two days now. Biggest difference vs. the 06 MDX is that you actually look forward to driving this one! Reminds me of my 03 TLS, fun to drive, responds well, too fast for the kids to drive on their own!! Handling is very good, sticks to the road like an audi quattro, sporty handling, very little body roll for an SUV. Also very good for tall folk, my 6 ft 4 son, finds it very comfortable as both a passenger and driver.

Great vehicle for the price

Mike, 06/18/2020
Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Hello, I purchased the 2010 MDX in June 2020. So far its a great SUV, lots of room, third row, seats fold flat, lots of tech goodies, sound system is really good. AWD seems to be more of a standard item with SUV's so I am glad the MDX is equipped with it. The middle row seats are surprisingly comfortable, if you haven't say in them - try it out. We all accept that the third row seats are small - good for kiddos, not too much else. I like that the A/C system is linked in with the Nav so it knows when a passenger has the sun on them and will cool their side down more...neat feature. Cons - As others have mentioned, not well insulated from highway noise, fuel mileage is so so (but it has decent power for the 3.7 v6). Timing belt will need to be replaced every 100K km's which does not appear to be a major job. The back quarter panel by the rear wheels seem to be somewhat prone to rust, take care of yours if it has avoided corrosion so far. Headlights have the same issues as all plastic headlights nowadays - they oxidize over time (can polish or wet sand out, just remember to use a good sealer after the job). Also, I am 6'1 and notice that it's quite a step out of the vehicle from a seated position, it's not a problem for me, but shorter folks may see this as a bit of an issue. All in all the vehicle seems to be well made and relatively easy to maintain. I hope it's a keeper!!

Not Impressed

jccai1, 08/09/2012

Replaced a Volvo XC90 with the MDX in 2010. We were sold mostly on interior space, price (model year end) and perceived reliability. Two years later, I have to say I'm not impressed. The car is just a chore to drive. The engine has very little low end torque. The ride is busy and floaty at the same time. The steering is loose and vague on center. A lot of road noise makes it into the cabin. And the transmission has slow and sloppy shifts, even after the software upgrade. After reading the horror stories about failed torque converters, now I'm really worried. Since it's the new 6-speed, I had thought Honda had fixed their transmission issues. I guess I was wrong!

12345...15