Used 2010 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

The Best SUV Period!

tp12string, 07/30/2011

After much research and test drives I selected the MDX. I test drove the X5, Q7, and Grand Cherokee as well as the Mazda CX9 and others. The MDX was overall the better choice....and less expensive than many of the others. After owning it for almost a year and 30K miles I can say that it has met and exceeded my expectations. It is very comfortable; the technology is easy to use and intuitive; the navigation is the best I've seen anywhere. If you are considering an SUV, do yourself a big favor and test drive the MDX. Best vehicle I've ever owned, and I've owned many new cars over the years.

Impressive

CR1970, 10/08/2010

I purchased one of the last 2010 Advance/Entertainment MX's that the dealer had on the lot and couldn't be happier. We test drove a number of SUV's including the new RX, Highlander, and BMW. The vehicle handles so much better than the RX and just seems to have a good balance of sport and comfort. I love the selectable ride option as well as the blind spot warning indicators. The stereo system is AMAZING and light years ahead of my RX. Voice recognition and navigation system were much better than the BMW we looked at. The new 6 speed transmission shifts smoothly and pickup is impressive for a vehicle of it's size. Fit and Finish is also impressive.

Transmission failed at 45000 miles

John Ta, 07/10/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I am the original owner and bought it in April 2010. The car was awesome to drive at beginning. It had pulling issue and grinding noise at low speed when turning the car right after leaving dealer. Both these issues got TSB from Acura later on. The grinding noise was not fixed since TSB came after warranty expired. After 2 years, the MPG went bad from 1 tank for 300 miles down to 200 miles locally and we need to down shift to passed another car. At 45000 miles or 5 1/2 years, the transmission failed. MPG went back to 300 miles for 1 tank of gas but the transmission is shifting so slow now. I bought it since I love it's performance and handling. My next SUV will be Lexus RX 350 since I bought lexus gs 350 and it changed me. I have been honda acura brand fan for 15 years and it is over now except Formula 1 Honda LoL

Transmission harness didn't even make 75K miles

28if, 06/26/2014

In the shop again for another transmission non warranty covered issue. This time the "D" indicator light starts blinking, no error codes. Dealer says the wiring harness between the engine and tranny needs to be replaced for $2K!!!. No the power train warranty doesn't cover this. Car has just under 75,000 miles on it. Really? The quality is so bad that basic parts can't last 75,000 miles. Putting it on Craigs list as soon as I get it back.

Too many issues with my 2010 tech (disappointed)

SW, 06/16/2019
Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the car brand new in 2010. Had many issues over the past 9yrs. A year after buying it, I took it to the dealer more than 3 times and complain about exhaust smell coming in the cabin and no one ever fix it. At times they won’t document it. They just call one of their mechanic and he sprays freshener in my air vents and give me back the car saying that’s normal because the catalytic converter burning rich and it’s normal. I found a body plug fell off next to exhaust inner fender and once I replaced it it’s fine. About 5yrs later the roof seam between the tailgate cracked and water coming in the car when it rains. Dealer told me that’s body shop work and car is out of warranty so they didn’t fix it. I fix myself with silicone. The paint on the 2 front fender next to the hood flaking off on the edge and the lift gate paint flaking off above the Acura emblem about 3 inches diameter. The dealer said again that’s body shop to fix and car out of warranty so I had to fix it myself. My engine making a rattling sound when accelerating and the dealer said my tension pulley needs to be replaced. After paying $300 to replace it, it still rattles. Took it back they told me it’s a fuel. They said I cannot use premium gas from QT, Costco or sams club and I must buy from chevron or shell. What the heck??? After taking the car for a few times for maintenance I told one of the service advisor and he said I need a software update so the charge 1/2 hour labor. The transmission jutters a lot and the dealer say it’s normal. They want me to do a flush every 15k miles. What? The rpm gauge needle moves up and down between 1500 and 2000rpm when driving at 45mpg or 65mpg. Anyway, I did a flush and problem still there. I loose power to my sunroof and windows. Of course I had to fix it myself because it was out of warranty. Was a bad wire harness on the drivers door. All 4 of my shock absorbers went out. I don’t drive my MDX long distance, no bad roads, most of time I park in garage, don’t drive like crazy, etc. My oil level always low when checking it with the dip stick and the dealer says it’s normal. Don’t waste your money on this car. I wish Acura can read this and either buy my car back or cut me a check for the $4000 or so I sent in repairs. I don’t think I will ever invest in another Acura since I am loosing faith in their quality and workmanship. I owned 3 Acuras and my MDX was problematic. Of course I fixed everything except the rpm moving up and down and the transmission still jitters. Avoid getting a 2007 thru 2013. All these years have almost the same problem. Look it up on google or YouTube.

12345...15