Used 2009 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews

Used MDX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

The Golden Retriever of Luxury SUV's

Aaron, 09/26/2016
Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first ACURA after previously coming from a Honda Odyssey. The Reliability has been very good. No Major failures, and never left us on the road. Only one repair done under warranty, a right front wheel bearing. All else has been standard service work. Not the cheapest to maintain but not BMW outrageous either. Gas mileage has been below expected at just about 16.5mpg for mostly city use, but the handling and power make it kinda hard not to goose it a bit! Speaking of handling, the SH-AWD is awesome, you can tell when the torque vectoring is taking place, but it's not obtrusive, in fact it's kinda of addicting to engage it. Fun, fun, fun to drive especially on any winding road. Plenty of interior room for our family of 4 and large dog for multiple 1000 mile + trips. Overall excellent ownership experience and most likely will be a repeat MDX buyer.

You won't be disappointed! Great handling SUV!

Gerald Kershner, 04/04/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Best SUV I've ever driven and owned. Take a test drive and see for yourself. Bought it used with noisy directional tread tires, replaced them with Acura OEM tires ... wow, what a difference.

Favorite vehicle I've ever had!

brod77381, 05/27/2010
Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX - it's my most favorite vehicle I've ever had! I bought a pre-owned 2009 MDX w/Technology package in black with black interior. I knew I wanted an SUV mid-size and looked at several. The MDX gives you the most bang for your buck.

Disappointed

mend, 03/18/2009
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is daily driver for my wife and she seems to like the car but this is the roughest riding vehicle I have ever driven. All small bumps and holes in the road are felt in the steering and suspension. Make sure that you drive the vehicle on a long test drive on all conditions of pavement as this was the mistake that I made. Have tried running the vehicle with the bare min. air pressure in the tires but not much helps. Hopefully the suspension will loosen up with time as I try not to ride in or drive this car which is quite a let down.

Work horse

Sid Keeny, 06/25/2019
Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Buy a used one so you don't take the huge hit from massive depreciation. Does almost everything very well. No car does everything perfect but this one is on par with my Toyota Highlander. I had to move up one big notch so I could tow a boat. My High Lander towed the boat but I feared it was just abusive to continue. The MDX has proven to be reliable and does everything we asked of it. Parts and repairs can be a bit high but the quality is obviously there. I joke and tell people I had to pay 15K just to have one comfortable chair in my life. The acceleration of this SUV is amazing. When you put the petal to the floor it just flies and I have had it well over 100MPH and it never got scary.

12345...14