2005 Volvo XC70 Consumer Review: Great Compromise Mileage/Clear

2005 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Great Compromise Mileage/Clearance
By California on

2005 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

A very good decision to buy this car. I usually keep my cars for 10 years. Bought this car nine months ago and have put on 8,500 miles. I commute in this car and have taken it off-road and on the sand dunes. It works great in all environments and gets very good mileage for a versatile vehicle (average 21 mpg+). The driver and passenger seats are very comfortable for long trips and off-road. Very reliable so far and the dealer maintenance is great. Not a gas guzzeling SUV and much better than a station wagon. Ya gotta love this cross-over vehicle. Best of several worlds. Also, rated as a very safe vehicle in all types of collissions

Versatility. Comfort. Handling. Quality. Gas mileage. Heated seats. Safety ratings. I also really like the low look even though it has the clearance of most high riding SUVs and pickups. Use aluminum skid plate, oval roof rack and rubber roof grids to carry stuff on top. Very versatile.

Radio compartment configuration limits third party options. Multiple CD option is too expensive for anyone except Bill Gates or Donald Trump. My XM Radio fit in fine with the stock Volvo radio and I carry a 60 CD wallet to make up for the extremely over- priced multi-CD player. A minor irritant.