Used 2006 Volvo V70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Just couldn't cut it
By William

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased pre-owned to replace XC90 which died. Low mileage example, super clean. Had to have the extra room afforded, but just couldn't handle the minor issues over the two months of ownership. Drove 6000 miles in those two months with dash and dash VIN rattle. Incredibly rough ride for a "luxury" wagon. Traded to a 4Runner and it has a smoother ride. After only two months simply had to give up and eat the depreciation. I avg 35,000 miles/yr.

Gas mileage was exceptional, averaged 24/25 with majority of highway at 80.

Ride comfort was horrible. Audio nuances, which I was accustomed to in my XC90 were even worse in the V70. No legroom in back seat.

An excellent family car
By Christopher

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first Volvo I have owned and I have never regretted buying it. The safety features offer peace of mind. The car's performance is very good and reliability is way above average. I have literally had nothing to do but scheduled maintenance + change 2 tires in 3 years. Legroom in the rear seat is cramped a bit for larger adults but teens and kids fit great. The integrated safety seats saved us about $400 because we didn't have to buy new baby seats once our boys hit 3 yrs old. I am contemplating a new XC70 now.

Heated seats, climate control, seat memory, trip computer, cargo space

Deciphering the radio and how to program it was beyond my two university degrees to figure out. The roof rack should be standard equipment.

Better than Ever
By SJF

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Volvo and one of my favorites - why? Supportive comfort in front seats, handling control around corners is very good, driveability and great gas mileage. City average 28 and Highway 32. Sound system is very good, really like the system health displays. Husband is very tall and enjoys the ride; great cargo space. Back seats are just okay for adults, better for kids. Only issue in 2.5 years and 33K miles is a small rattle in the driver dash sometimes. Love this car.

Front seats, driveability, better MPG than most hybrids!

Nothing really

06 V70 2.5T
By Mr Vette

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this car used in March. The fuel economy is not too bad compairable to my 97 Honda Accord. Interior comfort is a little lacking. Performace is good. May buy a used 08 next year if it is more comfortable inside. Car has nav system. I hate it, gets on my nerves! 3rd row seat is also useless

Comfort on highway. Performance,

More positons for drivers seat. My 96 Dodge Ram had more adjustments!

Unhappy Volvo V70
By JMK

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

An ok car. Minor rattle from dash vent, should not be in a car costing over 40K. Also lacks some comfort features and storage spaces. Rear leg room is poor. If you buy this car be prepared to give up some nifty stuff .

Seats, power and utility.

More toys for the driver to play with. More handy storage.