2006 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Just couldn't cut it
By William on 07/20/10 23:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased pre-owned to replace XC90 which died. Low mileage example, super clean. Had to have the extra room afforded, but just couldn't handle the minor issues over the two months of ownership. Drove 6000 miles in those two months with dash and dash VIN rattle. Incredibly rough ride for a "luxury" wagon. Traded to a 4Runner and it has a smoother ride. After only two months simply had to give up and eat the depreciation. I avg 35,000 miles/yr.

An excellent family car
By Christopher on 08/05/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first Volvo I have owned and I have never regretted buying it. The safety features offer peace of mind. The car's performance is very good and reliability is way above average. I have literally had nothing to do but scheduled maintenance + change 2 tires in 3 years. Legroom in the rear seat is cramped a bit for larger adults but teens and kids fit great. The integrated safety seats saved us about $400 because we didn't have to buy new baby seats once our boys hit 3 yrs old. I am contemplating a new XC70 now.

Better than Ever
By SJF on 08/11/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Volvo and one of my favorites - why? Supportive comfort in front seats, handling control around corners is very good, driveability and great gas mileage. City average 28 and Highway 32. Sound system is very good, really like the system health displays. Husband is very tall and enjoys the ride; great cargo space. Back seats are just okay for adults, better for kids. Only issue in 2.5 years and 33K miles is a small rattle in the driver dash sometimes. Love this car.

06 V70 2.5T
By Mr Vette on 06/06/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this car used in March. The fuel economy is not too bad compairable to my 97 Honda Accord. Interior comfort is a little lacking. Performace is good. May buy a used 08 next year if it is more comfortable inside. Car has nav system. I hate it, gets on my nerves! 3rd row seat is also useless

Unhappy Volvo V70
By JMK on 12/30/07 15:47 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

An ok car. Minor rattle from dash vent, should not be in a car costing over 40K. Also lacks some comfort features and storage spaces. Rear leg room is poor. If you buy this car be prepared to give up some nifty stuff .

Worth the Money for the Seats
By David on 08/14/07 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife had decided she wanted more than a Japanese car, one that will go over 200K (like all our other cars). We looked at Outback, Camry, Accord, and Passat. Camry and Accord no longer come in wagons, and we didn't like the Subaru. Saab, BMW and Audi were overpriced. We were so impressed with the seats and the Volvo reputation for safety we bought it. Absolutely no problems, 25 MPG city, 31 MPG highway. Not too shabby for a turbo. The 5 cylinder is a little rough compared to a V6, but the car has a smooth ride.

Great family cruiser
By capemaymatt on 05/18/07 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We bought our red stick shift V70 last summer, and are very pleased with it. If you want a 7 passenger vehicle (we got the rear rumble seat) without having to drive a huge SUV or minivan, this is it. It's not tremendously sporty, but has adequate pickup and corners well. It's also very comfortable for long drives. Service and parts are very expensive.

Safety, Features, Comfort & Performance
By DO on 01/22/07 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After 12 months, still impressed. Purchased after extensive research and test drives of several brands in a quest for a wagon-- closest competitors were Mazda6, Audi and BMW 3 series wagons. (BMW 3 series wagons impossible to find, plus dealers not helpful.) Gas mileage has actually improved over time to about 22 mpg around town-- dealer recommended using Chevron regular grade and it has performed well. Brake check valve and outside mirror glass replaced under warranty right after delivery. Otherwise trouble-free. Dealer/service has been great.

Great car, great buy!
By Iowaman on 01/11/07 11:19 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Bought this "last year" model at considerable savings, really not much more than "non premium" cars we considered. I now understand why people buy luxury automobiles. This car is incredibly smooth, quiet, and comfortable. The leather seating is superb and the vehicle feels very solid in its construction. Cars and trucks passing by produce hardly any noise in the cabin, unlike the SUV we traded in, where we had to shout to be heard. The Volvo safety features also make it a great purchase.

Great choice for my wife.
By Robert on 10/31/06 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My wife wanted to consider a Volvo V70 wagon as her next choice in an updated auto. She also wanted to get-out of her SUV as well as improved fuel economy. She likes the style and comfort of the interior a lot as well as the established safety record. We both have been very happy with this new car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.