I got the 1st one!
By Paul F on
2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
I waited 6 months to get this baby. Dark grey with Atacama. No nav, 6-speed, integrated boosters sunroof, etc. At 220 miles the rear diff exploded and had to be taken out and shipped back to Sweden. Had bad front wheelspin (and wheelhop) for a few weeks before I had the guts to ask what the deal was. By that time the front tires were gone. Ugly. 3 weeks on the rack. Only R with that problem to date. Power's great, seen 130MPH. Traded in my 1999.5 Audi S6 Avant.
Favorite Features
Integrated child seats are KEY. I love the Atacama but my friends say it's too orange. Brakes are awesome. Put on Blizzaks for winter - no kidding. Get the 4 disc in dash. I didn't. The police hardly notice me in a grey Volvo wagon. Best interior smell in the business.
Suggested Improvements
The turning radius is horrible. The high-beams are weak. Those summer tires are bad in snow. VERY springy clutch. I still stall it after 11K mi. This is a dramatically different AWD than quattro. No tail-out power slides in this baby. Even with DSTC "OFF". Which sucks.