Used 2007 Volvo S80 V8 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Runs Great Looks Great
By Claire bear

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car. I bought it used, and in excellent condition. It was so nice, I did everything in my power to keep it looking and running great.

Best car I ever had
By tacomatim

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driving Volvo cars since 1979. This is by far the best Volvo I have ever had, and I can also say the best of any cars I ever had. It run smoothly, sounds great (typical of a V8 with dual exhaust), runs economically and still have the necessary power when needed. I highly recommend it!

Best value for the dollar in luxery
By kryfka012

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I never thought i would own a volvo bc i always liked the luxury sport feeling. when i saw the volvo s80 it caught my eye, and when i test drove the v8 it had the power i wanted. with the adjustible suspension i would wip it around the turns and take of when i need to. i think this car is great and it feels like it was built with great quality to the touch and eye.

the feeling you get behind the wheel, the way the instruments are easy to read use and understand. i love the new dash and instrument council the best.

i am only 5 11 and i some times feel like its tight getting in and out of the car. i also wish the car would do more then just flash the lights when you lock the car bc i always have to double check.

Most comfortable and one of the safest car
By xjungrocx

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Styling is very conservative and bland, which is my favorite feature of the car.
This car is very comfortable and has plenty of power to spend.
I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking into buying luxury midsize sedan with AWD system that works.

1. Factory options including pop-up navigation, parking sensor, and blind spot indicating light system are very useful. 2. Go anywhere V8 AWD proved itself in recent winter storm. 3. Very fast responding heated seats. 4. Best highway MPG - 25 5. It is so comfortable!!!. Best highway MPG - 25 5. It is so comfortable!!!!

1. Too many false positives in blind spot indicating light system. 2. My worst MPG was 14.8. I guess you can't do anything about that with V8 AWD w/ close to 5000 pound sedan. 3. Rear defogger takes good 15 min to clear anything min to clear anything.

finicky ride
By 10gallon

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my S80 (V8) from a local Volvo dealer and overall have been quite pleased with the car. I didn't really consider any other semi-luxury vehicle, as I was a valet at a major casino in the past and really got to experience everything under the sun. However, be prepared to constantly be addressing small issues, this car is very finicky. Premium fuel is a must to avoid "mis-fires" cauing the check engine light to come on. The TPMS system requires at least 38lbs or it will activate. Rear-view mirror was recalled by Volvo and the new one seems just as bad (won't stay put). Also, this car should have Sirius and Bluetooth as standard equipment. Don't get me wrong, I would buy again!

The V8 has a lot of power....you'll leave most other Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes, in the dust. Very comfortable car and the styling really can't be beat. I have it in silver and it turns heads! MPG is pretty good but what really sold me was the throaty sound of the V8!

Needs Sirous and Bluetooth to be standard....really no excuse for a $50k plus car.