2007 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Best car I ever had
By tacomatim on 07/23/12 22:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driving Volvo cars since 1979. This is by far the best Volvo I have ever had, and I can also say the best of any cars I ever had. It run smoothly, sounds great (typical of a V8 with dual exhaust), runs economically and still have the necessary power when needed. I highly recommend it!

Best value for the dollar in luxery
By kryfka012 on 11/22/11 16:01 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I never thought i would own a volvo bc i always liked the luxury sport feeling. when i saw the volvo s80 it caught my eye, and when i test drove the v8 it had the power i wanted. with the adjustible suspension i would wip it around the turns and take of when i need to. i think this car is great and it feels like it was built with great quality to the touch and eye.

Most comfortable and one of the safest car
By xjungrocx on 12/29/10 17:15 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Styling is very conservative and bland, which is my favorite feature of the car. This car is very comfortable and has plenty of power to spend. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking into buying luxury midsize sedan with AWD system that works.

finicky ride
By 10gallon on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my S80 (V8) from a local Volvo dealer and overall have been quite pleased with the car. I didn't really consider any other semi-luxury vehicle, as I was a valet at a major casino in the past and really got to experience everything under the sun. However, be prepared to constantly be addressing small issues, this car is very finicky. Premium fuel is a must to avoid "mis-fires" cauing the check engine light to come on. The TPMS system requires at least 38lbs or it will activate. Rear-view mirror was recalled by Volvo and the new one seems just as bad (won't stay put). Also, this car should have Sirius and Bluetooth as standard equipment. Don't get me wrong, I would buy again!

Outstanding
By CHKLONDON on 03/19/10 15:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I looked for 3 months before buying. I got a great deal and enjoy the car. Its loaded and has 9 more items my 2001 did not have. I enjoy the adjustable chassis feature that adds dimension to the ride. The V8 kicks in beautifully when I need to pass, a thrill. Its silver and I often walk around the car and admire its elegance. The ventilated seats feel great, sound system is wonderful.The Navigation system will get you there but sometimes it takes sub optimal routes. Maybe its me? I looked at certified BMWs and almost bit but the Volvo is a better value. Also the sides of a BMW are somewhat drab and too close to the ground like an old ladies skirt.

WOW
By TWHACKSAW on 01/10/10 20:54 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Test drove several CPO's to include Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and Acura's and didn't find any to be as comfortable, safe and as fun to drive as the S80 V-8 AWD. While it may not be as sporty as a 5 Series or as luxurious as an E-Class or Lexus, it is the best total package. The AWD has proven itself to be a winner during this harsh Iowa winter. I've never felt as safe and secure driving through snow as I do in the S-80. Added two 9 inch DVD screens to the headrests so we can use it instead of the Minivan in bad weather. Best part- wife didn't blink at the price because she loved the S-60 we had previously. Personally I think the V-8 is the way to go, but I'm sure the T-6 is fine as well.

Great value for money
By birdman on 11/12/08 23:00 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've now driven almost 7000 miles with my S80 V8. No mechanical or other problems. Sound of the V8 is great, very civil background roar without getting obnoxious. Mileage isn't so bad, with average driving (city and commute), I get 24mpg highway and 18mpg real average. Don't agree the body styling is boring. The old S80 was pretty boring but the 2007 & up model has a nice refined look, to my taste.

The Ultimate Volvo
By Baddbone on 06/20/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is now my fourth Volvo (with my wife's fifth). I started with 850, then to the S80 2.9, the S80 AWD 5cl turbo, and now, the all powerful S80, V8. What a machine! Loaded to the gills. Only hiccup: guzzles gas like crazy! But if you want power from a Volvo? This is the one to get. Plenty satisfied and sharp design also.

The Best Yet
By NY Driver on 08/17/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This may be the ultimate Volvo. I now have 3000 miles on it and like it even more than when I bought it. I most seriously considered the Infiniti M35 as I wanted to try something other than a Volvo (I have owned 5). However, safety concerns, gas mileage, and the way features are packaged individually led me back to the Volvo. A test drive of both cars sealed the deal. The Volvo seems to have a better feel for the road. It is smooth, yet extremely responsive both in handling and acceleration. It is the best Volvo yet and may have already sold me on Volvo the next time as well.

BMW... Almost
By CSRMAX on 08/13/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2006 Infiniti M35X for the V-8 S80. In my opinion, the S80 is a nice blend of the BMW 5 and the Lexus GS.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.