1999 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Personal Experience
By ssutton200 on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

The car is very comfortable, drives well. HAs had minor issues requiring dealer service on 12 occasions. This is a nusiance. Has also had recall work.

Volvo S80 is a great car.
By MikeCarverEsq on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

When my lease ended on myu Mercedes back in 1999, some I work with recommended I go see the S80 by Volvo. I'd never owned a Volvo before in my life but I said, sure I'll check them out. I'm sure glad I did. My Volvo now has about 80k and runs like thee day I drove it off the lot. This car has been low maintenance and especially trouble free. I had it on a lease but recenttly refinanced it. I will not sell this car. It's been the best and most reliable car I have ever owned!

I love my 1999 Volvo S80
By eric27245 on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

I have a silver 1999 Volvo S80. I did a lot of research before buying this vehicle. I have now owned it for about four years and am very satisfied. For the money, this car outperforms everything in it's class. My Volvo has been extremely reliable and a pleasure to own. Since buying my S80, I actually look forward to driving. The S80 is a fantastic choice. Very reliable!

I love my Volvo S80
By Lawguys on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

I have a 99 S80 2.9. What a great car this has been. I put a lot of miles on my cars and have absolutely no complaints at all with my 1999 Volvo S80. My Volvo is currently at 92,000 miles, not far from 100,000 miles. Might I add trouble free miles. One repair only which was covered by the warranty and was pretty minor. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Best Car in it's Class!!!
By Dr.Patterson on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

I have now owned my 1999 Volvo S80 for just over 3 years. It has been extremely reliable and a great car to own. The performance and reliability are outstanding. I shopped around for about a year looking for a luxury car. This is definately the best from the bunch. I would definately recommend the 1999 Volvo S80. I have absolutely no complaints at all! Drive one, you'll love it!

The best car I have ever owned!
By Lisasanfrancisco on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

I was first introduced to the S80 in early 1999. A doctor/friend of mine whom works in my building took me to lunch in his new S80. I just fell in love with it. A few months later, I wound up buying one. I've had it now for about three and a half years. I drive a lot of miles and now have about 70,000 miles on my S80. I've enjoyed every mile. This is a great car and has been trouble free. I normally trade cars every 2-3 years but I won't part with my S80. It has been the best car I have ever owned. My friend loves his too.

Nice Needs Improvement
By Vic's VOLVO on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

The car looks wonderful. Feels strong, and has lots of power. The suspencion is definatley not enough to handle the t6 power. Interio is wongerful and spacious, and looks great. interior needs better designed cup holder's. A Suggested all wheel drive versin would be exelent.

Get the extended Warranty and enjoy!
By docbrad on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I love its styling, interior size and performance. I quickly found out its a good idea to buy the extended warranty. My Volvo was 3 yrs. old w /50K miles when I bought it for $22K. I have put 20K more miles on it in 10 months. with four trips to the shop. New front end/steering system, new headlight (twice),repeated front end suspension issues. The good news, the warranty saved my butt from $3-5K in repairs. The mileage is great 26-29 hwy, a dream to drive for long trips. I love the looks, hate hassel of dealing w/ Volvo dealers for oil changes,tune ups and their VERY EXPENSIVE fee's for normal maintenance. IF you buy this car GET the Warranty.

My 1999 S80 T6 has been terrific!!!
By SamanthaCalifornia on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought my T6 a couple years ago and now have 68,000 miles on it. It has been a total joy to own. I did have one problem when I first bought it but that was it. The dealer did upgrade the cars software and like I said, it's been a joy. Pretty much trouble free. No complaints at all. I recommend this car very highly!

The S80 T6 is more than incredible!
By luxurycarbuff on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Let me start by saying I love luxury sedans. Over the years I've owned Mercedes, Jaguar, Bmw's, but never a Volvo. In April 1999 I decided to check out the S80. I went to the Volvo dealer and worked with Todd, an outstanding sales professional. I had no intention of purchasing the car but before it was all over, I bought. I've had my 1999 S80 T6 now for about three and a half years. This is the best luxury car I have ever owned. It has been trouble free during ownership. It will be paid off soon and I'm keeping this one. I recommend the 1999 S80 T6 to everyone. Very reliable and such a nice car to ride in.