2013 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Best Car I have owned yet

2013 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Review

Best Car I have owned yet
By hashmd on

2013 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My previous car was a top of the line 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. With the kids finally grown, I wanted a nice sedan to replace it after my son wrecked it. Of course, after a wreck, you want something safe. This car was the perfect balance of luxury, ride, performance, and gas mileage, all on REGULAR gas! Other luxury performance cars are strictly Premium grade gas. And this car passed the newest type of crash test at the IIHS which Mercedes, Audi, BMW didn't pass at all. Acura barely passed. Do other cars get better performance specs? Sure, but they cost noticably more. BMW gets better mileage, but again at higher purchase price and premium gas.

QUIET ride! I don't have to turn the radio up with freeway speeds. The 5 cylinder is more than enough power and you get the best gas mileage of all the trims too. GREAT front seats. I used to have a Tempurpedic seatcushion in my van. No more with this car!. Great Auto tempurature control, adjusts itself to the right temp nicely. Only have to turn on A/C compressor manually when it gets warm so the fan doesn't blow so hard. Never have to take the key fob out of your pocket. The door handle senses your touch to either unlock when you put your hand inside the handle or touch the small pad on the outside to lock it. Complimentary servicing for 3 years!

I have not had the rough start like the other reviewer had, even at 30 degree weather. My kids are under 5 ft 8 in. tall so they didn't complain of cramped quarters in the back seat. No spare tire but supposedly made up with 24/7 roadside assistance for this event. Smaller trunk than the older S70 which this model replaced years ago.