Just bought it, love it
By rshenoy on
2012 Volvo S60 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Just bought a 2011 S60 T6. Got a great deal because there are trying to move the 2011's out. Was trying to keep it in the mid 30's. Was debating between a T5 or T6. Glad I went with a T6 because it's all wheel drive and has 300hp instead of 250hp and front wheel drive. Great warranty: 5yr/60k
Favorite Features
Pros: Looks, the drive, saftey, not a cookie cutter car. def stands out. Cons: Visibility out of the back is not very good. Would recommend getting park assist if possible. Better value than a BMW 328i or Mercedes C300 and it drives as good as a 3 series. You would never think that it's a Volvo. It looks so classy. Volvo is really getting in the market
Suggested Improvements
Buy the car at the end of the month toward the end of the year when they are trying to move cars. Go to consumerreport.org and pay the 5 bucks to become a member for a month and then go pay the 14 bucks for the real invoice price. (it's worth it) Go to google and search: "volvo s60 T6 prices paid" and find out what other people are paying with your options and all that info should get you a bottom line price. Then go to the dealer with all your info in your mind ready to get a great deal. I got 5200 off of MSRP. Don't let them hustle you. It's a crappy economy and they need to move cars. So far I love this car and I would recommend it to anyone. It's not your stereotypical volvo.
By zugisland
on 10/06/11 13:19 PM (PDT)

rshenoy what variant did you get and what did you pay for it...i got one of the last remaining 2011 's in my area to take advantage of the 3 grand rebate...I have the cold weather pakcage and the premium package ....for like 36900 plus taxes....as i said i put it up against the acura tl ( whose blue tooth sucked) the s60 works perfect..and the audi a5...the a5 might have had a few more bells and whistle but it didnt handle as well and the sunroof doesnt open can you imagine that ..plus they want full msrp ..no way ..if anyone can still find an 11 with the rebate you shud grab it!

By rshenoy
on 10/07/11 08:04 AM (PDT)

Zugisland, I got a White S60 T6, beige interior, with premium package, cold weather package, moon roof, personal car communicator, MSRP was 42,220 and I got it for 37,000 before taxes and fees. I also was looking at the acura TL, BMW 328, Mercedes C300 and Audi. Granted the day time running lights on the Audi are tight I think the Volvo is the best value with great looks and handling. Plus a 5yr/60k warranty you can't beat. Congrats on your great deal!

By zugisland
on 10/21/11 13:52 PM (PDT)

Rs..looks like we got amost the same deal. !...I got mine for 39800 plus winter mats ..which you should get they are way sharper then the standard mats which come with the car..yuck..also checke don a rear cam and it is like 1200 installed..im gonna try and get by without..lol...anyway im getting around 24 mpg..so far combined mileage..how bout you?

By rshenoy
on 10/07/11 08:05 AM (PDT)
By rshenoy
on 10/07/11 08:05 AM (PDT)

Wish the car had park assist. It's hard to see out of the back. They said they can add it but it would be 2000. Probably not worth adding it after the fact.

By rshenoy
on 10/07/11 08:04 AM (PDT)