2005 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Sometimes Newer doesn't mean b

2005 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2.5T Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Sometimes Newer doesn't mean better!
By volvo4ever97 on

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Newer doesn't mean better! Today I got to test drive a shinny black Volvo S60 model 2005 AWD. (After my recent service prices engaged on our 97 Volvo 850GLT my wife suggested we get a newer car and make monthly payments with full warranties 4 peace of mind) anyhow the 05 S60AWD is very fast/peppy. AWD holds excellent traction in wet/slushy/snowy roads, but not the car for me. Why? Our present Volvo has enough leg-room in the back for 2 adults to sit in while the front occupants are comfy, the S60 has a gap of 4 inches from edge of back seat to back of front seat. Nice car for a little man/woman and maybe babies in the back seat, not for Volvo's advertised 5 passenger (adults).

AWD excellent traction on wet/slushy/snowy roads. Do remember readers, AWD is just that should you try to romp on it on ice, no amount of 4x4/AWD or 20 wheels will help.

S60 would be a great mid-range Volvo, if the interior design could comfortably hold 5 adults not 2 and 3 babies. I hope for the present years and beyond they fixed that issue. If S80 is after all the Flagship, the S60 should have been the Model 850 of yesteryear. I own a 850 GLT has all sorts of room for passengers in the back seat. And the 850 is not a 960 (Flagship of yesteryear).