2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:
Very Impressed
By Hawkster00 on 12/21/08 09:52 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Entertainment (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

There was no way I was going to buy a "mini-van" but my wife convinced me so I got her one for Christmas. Needless to say I was very impressed with all the features you get with a SE model. It drives like a dream and my daughter loves watching movies on car rides to the grocery store. Don't buy a mini-van, buy a Routan.... :-)

Pretty nice
By vwfan on 11/16/08 23:50 PM (PST)

I'm not a mini van guy but we needed something that seats 7. If I was going to consider a mini van it would have to be a VW due to their style and class. I was very impressed with the overall design and style of the Routan. I love the captains chairs. They really give it a roomy but cozy feel. I recently found out that the Routan is pretty much a Chrysler with a few VW touches. I would still recommend a look and a test drive. It's still more hip than a Toyota, Honda, Chrysler ect.

Awesome for what it is
By cfeigenbutz on 10/22/08 06:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

There have been many complaints about this being a rebadged Chrysler. For what it is, the Routan is outstanding. There is no way to get a Wolfsburg designed and built minivan to the U.S. in this price range. VW is trying to capture the market for their customers who already have a VW and need a family hauler. We have a Jetta, and needed more room for our growing family. While every aspect of it may not be "German Engineered," it surely is "German Inspired." The ride is great, the layout inside is well though out (we have a bench instead of the captain's chairs for the 2nd row, much more convenient in my opinion). Would definitely recommend.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Routan Minivan in VA is:

$130 per month*