2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Consumer Review: Great Car

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton Sedan - Consumer Review

Great Car
By fjd on

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Phaeton has an excellent drive and ride. I enjoy all of its bells and whistles. Due to the design by Bentley, this car will always be in vogue. Bentley has a way of determining styling that will last. I was a little concerned when I learned that they were no longer making this model...but it could help its value in the long run. I was most surprised by the acceleration and top speed. The 6 speed transmission and smooth ride enable you to cruise effortlessly had high speeds. Its fuel economy was another pleasant surprise. I have had Cadillacs, Jaguars, and Mercedes...this car surpasses all.

The heated steering wheel, heated and cooled seats and lumbar massage. My friends are impressed with the cherry wood that closes over the vents.

The trunk is deep enough, but its width creates a problem for today's golf clubs, primarily the drivers. I can fit two sets in, but should be able to carry three.