2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Grinding Noise 2013 Jetta

2013 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2013 Volkswagen Jetta

Grinding Noise 2013 Jetta
By sparkfire on

2013 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I really like the car, it handles very well in the city and on the road, however, it makes a grinding noise when simply driving 25-30 mph down a city street.
The noise is right under my feet! At first they couldn't find anything so I had one of the guys ride with me and when he heard it he was puzzled. I was told to bring it back one day and they'll have a Tech ride with me so when I have a chance, I'll take it back! Had I known it was assembled in Mexico I never would have purchased it! I thought they were being assembled at least in Tenn. I'm so disappointed
that I wished I had purchased a Chevy or Buick!

It handles well and is pretty good on gas and I really like the interior/exterior design!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By imikeypro
on 07/06/13 09:46 AM (PDT)

First of all, both Chevy and Buick manufacture vehicles in Mexico! lol. Secondly, what would make you think that the car being assembled in Mexico would be a bad thing? Ever heard of Mastretta? Anyway, I have a base model 2013 Jetta, and love the thing. I am sorry to hear your experience has been Farfromgrüven! lol. However, I can honestly say, tht for the price, there is not a single other car I would rather have.

By trabant500
on 01/20/16 14:50 PM (PST)

I'm in complete agreement with imikeypro. The ironic thing is that this model of Jetta is still proving more reliable than the previous German-built one.