2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: The Best GTI in Years

2010 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

The Best GTI in Years
By Ian on

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third GTI(still own my MKI, sold my MKIV), this car is exactly what the GTI should be. The MKVI GTI is fun to drive anywhere, easy to use as a daily commuter, a blast to use in the mountains, excellent compromise between performance and gas mileage. Interior amenities are excellent, touchscreen stereo is awesome, stick shift is smooth and feels comfortable in your hand. Lateral support is top notch in a car that urges you to rip it through corners, and once you do, the XDS makes you feel like a pro coming out of them. Not sure why so many people fear VW reliability, I’ve driven them for years and never had any major issues, must be lucky.

Favorite Features

Comfy Seats (cloth design is awesome too), seat warmers with the cloth = heaven. Steering wheel feels at home in ones hands, The MKVI GTI's 2.0TSI did win ‘International Engine of the Year 2009, Google it if you want more info.

Suggested Improvements

iPod interface is slow, from a company that thinks of everything I'm surprised this occurs. if you want more power consider an ECU upgrade, even stock just turn off the radio, roll down the windows and enjoy the symphony of noises the GTI makes.