2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eos model:
Lemon of 2008
By danny on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My wife has an 2008 EOS and has had nothing but trouble with the car. We have taken it to two different dealerships to fix the problem and no one wants to do their job and fix it; it has been burning oil, the turbo is problematic, the brakes are squealing, and the top leaks whenever it rains. The mechanics at a VW dealer said bring it back every 500 miles to do oil comsuption test.The car is burning all the oil in less than 500 miles.These problems existed before the warrenty was up and the dealership said it was fixed, but they didnt fix the problems and now the warranty is expired. In my opinion I would never buy a VW again, unless you want to be stuck with a car that doesn't run & no help

Transmission problems right off the lot
By Krista on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I am frustrated typing this because I really do love my car, aside from the fact that it very well may be a lemon. Soon after purchasing it started puttering and having trouble shifting gears. When releasing the brake it jumped. I took it in only to find out the computer chip to my transmission was faulty and it needed to be replaced. They replaced it and literally within a few hundered miles of driving it the transmission is acting up again. I tried to take it in to get it fixed and Volkwagen claims there is no issue. I don't know where else to go with this! I am very frustrated. The transmission should not be an inssue for a brand new car! Sensors were off for the hard top too.

Too many issues
By Cheryl K. on 08/11/10 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My car is in the shop as I type this. I've had it in 3 or 4 times now for leaks on passenger and drivers' side. The door panels are bubbled up on both sides, my sunroof closure on the inside is separating and my back passengers' side window has a problem and MY BRAKES also squeak. How many times does it take on the same repair to fall under the "Lemon Law"? Very disappointed customer.

Simply The Best
By sapphirexae on 07/08/10 15:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I am so saddened by the negative reviews I see on here concerning the EOS. I have had nothing but 100% reliable service and miles of fun drives! Ok, it is a car that requires 'special' maintenance (ie: the roof seals) but it says that CLEARLY in the owner's manual! If you don't read the book, you shouldn't be surprised at these things. I lubricate my seals as per VW and have never had an issue! Basically, my EOS has never given us an once of trouble. I have never owned a hardtop car and have owned over 60 convertibles, this is by far the best thought out one I have ever seen / owned! If you are considering one, DO IT! You won't regret it!

Simply The Best
By sapphirexae on 07/02/10 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I sure have read my fair share of scathing EOS reviews here. I am happy to report that for three years, my EOS hasn't had one single issue! No oil issues, no power window issues, not one leak. It has been flawless! It is dead quiet (no rattles or squeaks). The design is stunning and the interior trumps my BMW! Every day my love grows and grows for this amazing car. I don't even know if the word "car" is appropriate. Perhaps 'heaven on wheels' works better.

Great Experience with my Eos!
By Jane on 06/15/10 07:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was so disappointed to see how many people have had issues with their Eos's - my experience has been fantastic! I love my car so much! I've had it for 2 years, 30,000 miles, and no repairs needed yet. Retractable roof still works like a dream, and still makes me smile every time I use it. Car is quite speedy, and zips when you need it. The engine is perhaps a bit louder now than it was when it was brand new, but that's to be expected. When the top is up, I feel like I'm riding in a luxury sports car - you would never know it was a convertible. No leaking or noise issues here! I get compliments all the time, it was an excellent buy for me.

Problems, Problems
By Bonnie on 04/25/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Shortly after buying the car it had accelleration problems, it would hesitate and the jump in causing you to be pushed forward in your seat. It was fixed by garage but after it was done the gas mileage was drastically reduced. This has not been fixed.I have leak in trunk which has not been fixed and dealership where I live is not cooperating to fix. With this water leak my vehicle is worthless. I have poblem with trunk release, condenastion or ice on inside windows and the top is rubbing on something becasue paint has been rubbed off. I have squeal in breaks and was told it is normal- really I have had many cars but none had this unless there was abreak problem.

Love the car but lots of issues
By Greg on 02/24/10 12:10 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my 2008 Eos and it has really been an enjoyable car to drive, when it is not at the dealership. So far I have taken it in at least 4 times, 3 of which for the same issues. Small leakage in the drivers window during a heavy rain, auto roll up windows do not always go back up, and breaks squeal despite the dealership telling me they are fine, it is just the way VW made them. The other issue I had recently was the battery needing to be replaced at about 30K miles (this was causing the trunk latch in the car to not pop the trunk completely open).

Very Happy Customer
By Stubman on 02/06/10 14:45 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Style, reliability, great mileage and a top that disappears under 30 seconds without leaving the car are just a few reasons I love my EOS. Getting 33 mpg on the highway was a pleasant surprise. Press the gas and this beauty will fly. When the top is down people are always questioning me on what kind of car I drive. One elderly man told me it did not look like the VW's we was use to in the 60's. Even in the dead of winter I stay toasty warm and dry. This car is tight. Nothing seems to ever go wrong. My main problem is I find myself looking for an excuse to "go out for a spin". Very high quality throughout. Thank You VW.

i used to loved my car
By ann on 12/02/09 10:03 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Eos Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I choose my car because perfect for me, but after I buyed is trouble after trouble , the seats , the seat belts , the battery, the engine light, the roof leaking, the front glass leaking, and I just think about and make me mad because you buy a new car and you should feel secure well I'm not with this one. the car is pretty and fast thats it .

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.