2007 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Review: Delightful Ride

2007 Volkswagen Eos - Consumer Review

2.0T Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Delightful Ride
By stan3010 on

2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I went to the VW dealer in Denver to check out a Jetta TDI Sportswagen and stumbled on the EOS. That was it. Drove it home that day. The ride is surprisingly comfortable. Very peppy 2.0L Turbo moves this convertible coupe along confidently on the freeway. I get 30+ mpg overall in my daily commutes which are 90% highway miles. In city driving, 27-28 mpg. This is my sole vehicle. My wife loves it. Audio system is suprisingly good & I added a Kenwood Nav deck. I've owned my CPO EOS for 4 months now. Only problem was the cruise switch repl under CPO warranty. Trunk space is decent with the top up. I have to raise the top to retrieve items under the cargo limit partition.

One button top operation, sunroof in the retractable top. Much quieter than a ragtop convertible. Exterior egress/access lighting on side mirrors.

Rear view very limited with the top up. Backup camera &/or removable rear seat headrests. Auto dimming rearview mirror needs not dimming enough. Separate switch position to turn cruise control off.