1992 Volkswagen Corrado Consumer Review: Don Corrado

1992 Volkswagen Corrado - Consumer Review

Don Corrado
By Megan on

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC 2dr Coupe

This Corrado is the 6th VW I have owned (3rd with a VR6) and I dreamed about owning an SLC VR6 since I was a little girl. I finally got my hands on this black on velour 1992, and it has been great. This car is so solidly built that it doesn't even rattle when I drive it 100 mph! The VR6 pulls strong and you're reading the mileage right: 263k! I love the sport seats (heated too), and it's fun to show people the speed-sensitive spoiler (still works!). It's also great to own such a rare VW that has a lot of cachet and nostalgic value. Most people don't even know what a Corrado is or think it's a Scirocco, but those who know the Corrado know greatness! I can't wait for more good times with him.

VR6 engine, build quality, handling (autocross!), rarity, seats, interior design, exterior design, spoiler, Karmann coachwork, exhaust sound from the VR6 at 4500 rpms, reliability.

Fuel economy (but it is a VR6 in a 2900 pound car. That's why you have an 18 gal fuel tank).