DSG = Terrible Transmission
By cnote3 on
2011 Volkswagen CC R-Line PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
The DSG transmission does this car a complete injustice. There is a significant hesitation from a stop, and the shifts are jerky and unpleasant. VW couples this half-engineered transmission with an engine that has significant turbo lag - turning every city trip into a manic journey along the torque curve. Everything settles down once you get the car up to speed, making the CC an enjoyable highway car. The exterior and interior styling is fantastic, but the transmission will be a disappointment to anyone who has ever driven a well built, thoughtfully engineered car or truck from a reputable manufacturer.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling. Bluetooth connectivity.
Suggested Improvements
Scrap the DSG transmission. Build some low-end torque into the 2.0T engine.
By mbellreal
on 05/25/11 05:52 AM (PDT)

Hello, I own a 2011 cc with a 4 clinder turbo auto trans. I have some transmission problems which the dealer repaired but there is somthing thats not right. The trany and engine was supposed to disconect at a full stop (salesman pointed out that feature) thought that was cool. That doesnt work (is it supossed to do that?) shifts didderent than when new. I thought I was getting great mileage but following friends last weekend I was going 80 they were going 75 and thats why the great mileage

By arx9968
on 10/15/11 17:53 PM (PDT)

I have the 4 cyl turbo too, a 2010, and there is a definite lag. I like the car, but realize, it cannot do what VW wanted, at times it does jerk, especially getting out into traffic. Scary to me.

By axunjunky
on 04/12/11 07:00 AM (PDT)

I strongly disagree with Cnote3. If you are seeking a non-responsive transmission and ride like-you-are-on-a-pillow-top, then you should have purchased a Buick Regal. I realize that I may be in the minority, but the transmission is what tilted my decision to this care. Put it in sport or manual mode and it shifts gears in 0.08 seconds (almost instantaneously). That makes this 200 HP car seem faster than the numbers will indicate. This really comes into play when you navigating traffic. If you are seeking luxury car with performance on tap for less than $40,000, then this was my only option. Please keep the DSG.

By ericd12
on 01/01/12 17:32 PM (PST)

I cant agree more with cnote3 - DSG is terrible. I wish I spent more time driving this car before entering into the lease - would never have expected a German car to have such bad design. Only 2yrs and 10 months left on my 3yr lease.