Will own it for life!
By Jason on
2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Finally purchased my toy last summer, after humming and hawing for years. I've researched the pro's and cons between the Nissan Frontier and the Tacoma, and the biggest issues outstanding for each is the transmission trouble with the Taco, but the differential troubles with the Frontiers. After thinking about the cost (frontier cheaper) the size (frontier smaller) and reputation, I felt that I could live with the random gear changes of the taco, and it wouldn't cost anything in repairs, or pay less for a Nissan, then replace the differential in a year, have less cabin room, less box room, and less "look cool factor". I've been driving in every terrain with only once stuck in a ditch! Love it!
Favorite Features
The exterior look is tough, but looks like a fun ride, and it is! I have the SR5 model, so no fake hood scoop. Sleek design in black with chrome stands out on the road. The interior is super comfortable, and I love the fold down seats with storage area in the double cab! Roomy and robust!
Suggested Improvements
Both SR5 and TRS models should have the 6 post trailer light hook up. The towing capacity isn't that different when it comes to your usual trailers to tow.