Used 2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Good but not perfect...
By m9431

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Toyota Truck and one selected after much comparison. For me the size fits my needs, and I'm impressed by the interior design. The V6 is impressive, but not overly fuel efficient compared to Chevy's great V8s. Chassis strength is much improved, handling is good. As others have noted in user forums, the rear suspension is weak, mine bottoming out after I added a 150lb. cap. I had to have my srpings rebuilt independently at my cost, not covered under warranty. Additionally, the 5-speed automatic transmission shifts very poorly, slow to make a decision and often like it doesn't know what gear it should be in! Hopefully Toyota will release new software to cure this problem.

Favorite Features

Smooth V6, nice interior with handy storage, good resale value, strong chassis, good handling, good build quality.

Suggested Improvements

5-speed electronic automatic transmission does not know how to shift--Toyota should upgrade software and offer to current owners. Weak rear springs on long-bed models.

Sharp Truck!
By TMac

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and I love it. My last car was a 2-seater convertible and decided to go the opposite direction this time. The Tacoma has exceeded my expectations on almost everything. Toyota's design outranks all competitors and the performance is great. Plus you can trust that Toyota reliability. A+++

Favorite Features

Hood scoop on TRD Sport Package, standard bedliner, storage under back seat,

Suggested Improvements

Offer a few more color options.

2006 TRD Sport 4x2 DlbCab SB
By texastacoma2006

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Tacoma. It is excellent truck. I researched all mid-size trucks and test drove every model out there. I have owned 4 Toyota sedans, but was open minded to other manufactures. I narrowed it down to Nissan or Toyota, b/c Chevy, Ford, Dodge don't compare. Nissan Frontier was comparable, but didn't like the interior, or the sales tactics of the dealer. Toyota brought everything together in a nice package. I bought the TRD Sport 4x2 but wish I would have got the 4x4 since I off road a lot more than I thought I would, next time. The borla exhaust and high flow intake that came with the TRD package REALLy makes a big difference, +20hp, making it sound cool and haul balls.

Favorite Features

TRD package, Bed 110volt outlet, Double Cab, endless storage, hood scoop, Cool design (inside and out)

Suggested Improvements

MPG add to overhead display, make the hood scoop functional, Line input in audio system, built in satelite radio, fog lights work with out headlights on

refelct
By Nancy

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy my vehicle I have only had it for about 2 months, To this point I am very pleased and all of my 17 yr olds friends think that I have the finest truck.

Favorite Features

Black finders and black frontend

Awesome!
By rstancil5487

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota is the way to go. Dont buy anthing else people!