2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
beware of rear axle clunk
By li'lBlueTruck on 04/16/06 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have barely 700 miles on my truck, started to notice this clunk coming from rear axle. They call it axle warp found 26,900 hits on google for "Tacoma Axle Wrap". All say Toyota denies it to be a problem. I am really tired of feeling rearended by my own drive train. What a piece of junk. Gas mileage is horrific, been driving it as gently as possible (as if I had a raw egg between my foot and the pedal). Gets about 8 miles to the gallon 60% highway - They say it will get better with more miles. will it get 3 times better. I feel tricked by Toyota's false marketing. Please check the web out about this clunk problem then decide if you want the chance of that.

Amazing Truck!
By Greg on 04/12/06 12:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The new Tacoma is excellent! There is a reason it won Motor Trend Truck of the Year last year and Edmunds this year. It is comfy and roomy. I'm 6 feet 2 inches so that was a huge issue and it has cured it. Super styling, very smooth non truck ride (if it is still smooth in Jackson, MS they are doing something right), and excellent Toyota reliability. My wife and I battle for who drives it, because it is a fun drive. The only cons are the same as others in the reviews: stock radio with no AUX jack for iPod or Satellite radio and a noisy and undeciding gearbox especially on the interstate with the cruise on, and no moon/sunroof option. Blew the competion away!

Jeff's Tacoma Review
By Jeff on 04/03/06 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First Toyota Tacoma ever purchased. Very wise decision for me. It has a strong V6 engine, very capable and responsive for this size of truck while still getting good fuel economy. Lots of fun to drive, especially while listening to the 6 disc CD changer. Great truck.

"Toyota Family "
By doug on 03/27/06 18:08 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned at least every car that Toyota has built, from the corolla to the Avalon, That is a Supra, 3 Cressidas, a 4-Runner. This truck is by far, the smoothest truck that I have ever ridden in. It rides and performs like one of my Cressidas. Heads turn when I pass. Its a joy to drive. The interior is great. Its sturdy and rides great. I don't think I went wrong with this truck...

Love my Taco
By Jack on 03/22/06 08:21 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Tacoma. The new larger body style and larger motor make this truck better than it has ever been before. I am very impressed so far.

Disappointed but still a good truck
By Nelson Colon on 03/19/06 18:19 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase a 2006 Tacoma Pre-Runner Jan of this year, it is my second Tacoma and I really have enjoyed the old one as well as the new 2006. There are some disappointments on this truck, if you happen to be traveling and there is a need to hang your clothing by using hangers you will not be able to see out of the rear view mirror, it will completely block your view. I find it hard to believe that the engineers at Toyota actually allow this to happen this is a hassaress and should have been discuss and relocated as the truck was been tested (is obvious they did not test the truck well). The brakes are spongy,squeal like a pig, hard to stop.

Great truck
By rande on 03/16/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 8th toyota truck. My first was a 1986. I love the double cab and the long bed. Enough room and power to take the family and pull the boat, plus load my HD in the bed. The quality is second to none. Great looks as well.

2006 tacoma
By carl on 03/07/06 08:02 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Noise in motor like pellet noise when cold sometimes hot when driving 30mph 50mph. Fabric coming apart from drivers seat. Surprised on this seat and noise.

What a difference!!
By Bo in SoCal on 02/28/06 14:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 06 Tacoma for a nearly 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. The truck is the perfect size and the design is awesome.On of my friends bought a newer Silverado and I was amazed that the Tacoma was just as tall and long, STOCK! It rides much better than my old Dakota and is definitely more solid. I have no complaints with this truck!!

06 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab LB
By ED on 02/22/06 22:08 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I received the truck with 8 miles and now I have 1100 miles. The quality is as expected-Great and Dependable. Which were the reasons for it's purchase. Power is adequate but somewhat dissapointing in what I thought it would be. Gas mileage is between 18-19mpg. Rather plain inside, no thrill or gadgets which is OK. Truck is a lot larger than pre- '05. Very similar to the Tundra in size. Love the composite bed and the 4 doors are so handy. So far the truck has been wonderful..glad I bought the Tacoma. Toyota makes a great vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.