Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

It is a Toyota, all you need to know
By BobWegotababyitsaboy

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It took me over 6 months to find my truck. I think it was the manual transmission that made it hard. It is MUCH more comfortable than a Silverado, especially the new body style. It has 5 less HP than the 4.3L V6 in the Silverado and S10. I haven't had any real problems. The gas mileage could be better, but I have a lead foot, so I can't complain. I didn't buy the truck for rear seat comfort, I rarely sit back there. It would have been nice to have more than 4 places to strap stuff down in the bed. I bought the Toyota name, and I will do it again.

I have almost all of the options, I have an aftermarket bedliner, tool box, trailer hitch, and cd player.

It is a pain to remove the oil filter, but I have changed worse. Noises in the cab. Why an optional clock? The cup holders are weird. Power mirrors. Locking glovebox. Locking jack and tool compartments, it is big enough to put valuables in. Sliding sunshade for the moonroof, so it doesn't get lost.

Great Truck
By Nate Bro

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my truck 20.6 MPG regular 22 MPG super 100,000 miles, replaced battery,and front brake pads, thats all. I use Mobil 1. Highly recommended truck, I have installed a K+N 77 series intake, and throttle body spacer, truck has stock size tires 31"

clutch start cancel

K+N 77 series intake

Love my Truck!
By ABerge

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this vehicle a few months ago. Although it had high mileage, I have had few problems with her. She is reliable and dependable! I have a job that takes me out dirt roads, long interstate commutes, and she buzzes along like its nothing. Very tough, and very cute!

Looks, extended cab, cassette as well as CD player, engine runs flawlessly even with high mileage.

Cruise control not responsive sometimes. But I hardly use it anyways.

2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD Extended Cab
By dh

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the 2nd toyota truck I've bought. Mechanicals in this truck are far better than my 1988, but interior materials are too cheap. Driver arm rest falling apart, various plastic parts are breaking. Driver seat is built for 5'8" and I'm 6'2".

Has always gone places where the big trucks couldn't. TRD awesome.

Not much. Wish Toyota would build current trucks to stand up like this one. Needs more power.

A Great Truck.
By fdm

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent reliable vehicle. Would buy again.

Reliability and overall beefy small truck look and feel.

Interior rattles. There must be a way to anchor the parts so they stay put and don't rattle.