Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD Extended Cab
By dh

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the 2nd toyota truck I've bought. Mechanicals in this truck are far better than my 1988, but interior materials are too cheap. Driver arm rest falling apart, various plastic parts are breaking. Driver seat is built for 5'8" and I'm 6'2".

Favorite Features

Has always gone places where the big trucks couldn't. TRD awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Not much. Wish Toyota would build current trucks to stand up like this one. Needs more power.

A Great Truck.
By fdm

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent reliable vehicle. Would buy again.

Favorite Features

Reliability and overall beefy small truck look and feel.

Suggested Improvements

Interior rattles. There must be a way to anchor the parts so they stay put and don't rattle.

Tacoma is a great vehicle to own.
By TacoMan

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my first Toyota, and is my first Tacoma as well. I am VERY pleased with my purchase. Will not hesitate to buy another one in the future. Very fun truck to drive, and very capable. I've been very surprised at the terrain that I've been able to get through on in this thing. Also, this has been the most reliable vehicle that I've owned so far. Only problem I have had so far is the battery cable got loose once. Other than that, never had a problem or a breakdown.

Favorite Features

EXCELLENT off-road capability, great looks, extremely reliable.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure the newer Tacomas have more power/nicer features. Extended cab really isn't great for passengers, but works fine for storing gear. Will be getting a double-cab next time.

Love my new used Tacoma!
By Sammi

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I live in Mexico, bought the truck in Tijuana, then gave it the ultimate test drive down Baja. Got about 24 mpg and never felt a need for more power than the 4 cylinders (5 sp. standard) delivered. Enjoyed getting to know the truck, love all the little comforts (sliding dual cup holder, snack rack in the back, nice little stereo etc.). Has sprayed in bed liner, sliding rear windows and other nice touches.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior, bucket seats comfy even after drive down Baja. Good stereo, center compartment between seats perfect for CD storage. Lots of nice touches, cup holders etc. Sensible location of switches and controls.

Suggested Improvements

Lots of folks dislike the location of the clock... a small thing, but could be easier to read. Learning to trust the mirrors for side/rear view - total blind spots within the cab. Will anyone ever invent comfortable seat belts?

Best truck I have ever owned
By James

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the third Toyota I have owned. 89 Corolla, 89 pickup, then this one. All I have had to replace on it in the last 60,000 miles has been oil/filters and tires. It gets great mileage as long as you don't drive too hard (hah, right, NOT drive hard) around 25 mpg. The braking could be better. All in all this truck has been good to me.

Favorite Features

Dash clock, armrest, hydraulic clutch, all the controls are in the right spot, reclining seats.

Suggested Improvements

None